Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally Tom)
    Banning words?

Err, what are we coming too.

Of course it shouldn't be banned. I don't think that 'racist' words should be banned in all seriousness. I don't take them seriously, the only people that do take them seriously are delusioned easily impressionable morons. And they're only going to get hurt out of it. If someone came up to me and called me whitey, I wouldn't take offense, I wouldn't even think of it twice. Does mah head in.

Plus, I hate chavs.
    gosh you';re so cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zodiac90)
    i think chavs should be banned from the forum.
    I think you're right. But what I truely think is that we need a another 'baby boom' as they call it... :hubba:

And by the way: :sucks:

Let's watch this heated topic:

:jerry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothingspek)
    Why refer to their race though? A person is a person, not a colour.
    Go to pretty much any country where caucasians are the severe minority and you will have people pointing at "the white person", reffering to you as "whitey".. etc

I personally wouldn't find that offensive, the only way in which words such as the "n" word etc. became offensive because they were used pejoratively.

If it's used in a friendly way then I don't see the problem with a white guy calling a black guy the "n" word or a black guy calling a white guy "whitey", "milky", or anything else that might be perceived by the PC brigade to have negative connotations.

More to the point, I don't agree with censorship at all, especially TSR's censorship of swearing, if the people on here are intelligent enough to be students then they are intelligent enough to only swear when appropriate and not be too offended when it does happen.

Damn cotton wool.

ReputationRep:
    It should be Charv. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtired)
    It didn't come up but it's the one that starts with an N, ends with an R and has two Gs somewhere in the middle. I'm sure you've heard people use it to call each other, not as an insult. Although some still don't like to use it.
    No, I've heard it before, but only as an insult. However, I do live in the middle of nowhere - I think we have about 5 black people in our entire town...

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel that it should be banned -- will only increase its kudos. But it is an abhorrent word.

ReputationRep:
    this thead almost insults the TSR moderation team

they are fine people who always make the right call.

yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zodiac90)
    this thead almost insults the TSR moderation team

they are fine people who always make the right call.

yeah.
    err, always?

Blatent lie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodii2Cutii)
    ok, i must admit, they MOSTLY make the right call. lots of them have it in for me, or its just favouritism and one has insulted me before! they called me a whore. :eek:
    omg :eek: who whas that?

ReputationRep:
    it was probably that fat one...forgetten his name
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    All I can say to this post is lol.. Cz Chav is like such an over used word but personally I CANNOT STAND CHAVS.. They annoy the hell out of me *smacks head*

ReputationRep:
    42 months, 12 days, 11 hours, 6 minutes and 42 seconds. 41. 40. 39...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Goodii2Cutii)
    :laughing:

:ymca: ,,sorry, i really wanna see what this looks like - don't neg rep please

haha Random! Lol - but woop it actually looks cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    I can't stand people who can't stand political correctness.
    Are you serious, well I can't stand people who can't stand people who can't stand political correctness.

(Original post by olly_springs)
    Are you serious, well I can't stand people who can't stand people who can't stand political correctness.
    Are you serious? Well, I can't stand people who \displaystyle \lim _{n \to \infty} \underbrace{\text{can't stand people...who can't stand people}}_{\text{n times}} who can't stand political correctness.

ReputationRep:
    Please ban it now.

It's annoying, unfunny, and annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamcleland15)
    I bet you're either a health and safety official, or someone who tells everyone that anything they say could be offensive. E.G "no, it's not not 'lazy', it's 'motivationally challenged' that word could be offensive to lazy people."

GTFO my thread.
    No, I'm not. I'm just not an idiot. You are an idiot. This is probably where you got confused.

ReputationRep:
    How about a deal op? No one bans the word chav - if you stop posting?

ReputationRep:
    Call them NED's instead. Its what they're called in Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind if TSR bans chavs.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.