Are the English elites (Prince Charles & Boris Johnson) are they just well connected? Watch

Tabitha122
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Usually elites are automatically regarded as being well educated because they studied at fancy schools and colleges.

The more associates (reliable sources who have insight knowledge about these elites) informed that the likes of Boris Johnson did not actually achieve schooling by his own merit but instead was assisted through his parents who were well connected got him to where he was. I was also told that Prince Charles body used to actually complete the work for him rather than Prince Charles also doing himself.
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Interesting. Where is this stated? I have my doubts about the veracity of the information you are disseminating here.
busythinking.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve heard that about Prince Charles too. I mean face-it, none of the royal family are particular intelligent, so maybe your claim stands there.
However, you clearly haven’t watched Boris Johnson talk about classics if you are to take away merit from him. His Ancient Greek is excellent, and his debate with Mary beard is truly a fascinating watch. He is certainly knowledgeable, maybe not in politics, depending on where your allegiances stand, but I do have to give to him. He does have the education of an oxford classicist. He wouldn’t if he was simply carried through higher education.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by busythinking.)
I’ve heard that about Prince Charles too. I mean face-it, none of the royal family are particular intelligent, so maybe your claim stands there.
Probably for the best, people don't tend to like their royals being overly smart - might tempt them to meddle in things left alone these days.
Tabitha122
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by busythinking.)
However, you clearly haven’t watched Boris Johnson talk about classics if you are to take away merit from him. His Ancient Greek is excellent, and his debate with Mary beard is truly a fascinating watch. He is certainly knowledgeable, maybe not in politics, depending on where your allegiances stand, but I do have to give to him. He does have the education of an oxford classicist. He wouldn’t if he was simply carried through higher education.
My opinion on Boris Johnson isn't to discredit him at all. I've always thought that Boris was playing the buffoon which he really isn't.
Tabitha122
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Probably for the best, people don't tend to like their royals being overly smart - might tempt them to meddle in things left alone these days.
They shouldn't act preachy to the working public.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tabitha122)
They shouldn't act preachy to the working public.
Which segment of the working public exactly?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (4)
44.44%
My career doesn't need one (1)
11.11%
I'm sick of studying (2)
22.22%
I can't find a course I want to do (0)
0%
I don't know enough about them (0)
0%