China's continuing cultural genocide: destruction of Uighur cemeteries

Watch
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Adding to a long list of abuses by a state trying to systematically wipe out the culture of millions of people.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/02/a...hnk/index.html

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/poli...yards-xinjiang
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
China seems to be getting a trend going on this front..
Nalk1573
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Many people want this to happen to the British Muslim population

Just read dailymail, breitbart articles to see
Ascend
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nalk1573)

Yes, there is rampant anti-Muslim bigotry from the populist right and their power is increasing. This needs to be curbed before it's too late.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

That sounds awful. Do you have a source for that?
Deggs_14
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Isn’t this in eastern China on the border of Tajikistan? Perhaps China has a migration problem with the central Asian Muslim people’s, but I don’t agree with desecrating their sacred temples and cultural sites.
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Disgusting what’s happening to them; locked in concentration camps, beaten and tortured. Vile and I don’t understand why the wider Muslim world isn’t saying or doing more?
Nalk1573
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
That sounds awful. Do you have a source for that?
just listen to an average conversation in a coffee shop or bus stop.

most of it is people complaining about muslims
username3942526
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Loads of Muslims are trying their best to spread awareness in regards to what’s occurring on a variety of social media platforms
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The Muslim world is heavily divided, and even united would not have any effective power to counter that.

Of course, we can complain, but the Chinese aren't likely to give a toss.
I'd rather expect their leaders to be secretly having works on a disease that is going to kill billions. They'll get rid of Africa, Middle East, India the US. Even Europe might be on their list. To eliminate all potential threats and, by the way, get rid of pollution and excessive CO2 emission, by killing most of emitters.
With their system of state-enforced discipline, they could just vaccine all of their people, then release some GMO virus, and exterminate everyone else without firing a single gunshot.
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
just listen to an average conversation in a coffee shop or bus stop.

most of it is people complaining about muslims
So is it breitbart articles or coffee shops? I'm confused.

If it's the former, I don't see why you couldn't provide a relevant example.
Ragman75
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

What a drastic False equivalence. At worse you have English people saying leave the country and go back to their countries of origin, the Chinese government is harvesting the organs of people who are native to eastern china not because china has rape gangs across there nation but because they see any religion as a threat to their power. You are so drastically partisan its pathetic.
Ascend
Rep:
?
(Original post by josh75)
What a drastic False equivalence. At worse you have English people saying leave the country and go back to their countries of origin, the Chinese government is harvesting the organs of people who are native to eastern china not because china has rape gangs across there nation but because they see any religion as a threat to their power. You are so drastically partisan its pathetic.
The anti-Muslim and "nativist" rhetoric from the populist right is fundamentally the same as that of Chinese supremacists. Both want to essentially wipe out a culture (that is very much part of the fabric of these societies), whether by expelling them or "re-educating" them. The difference is that Europe is run by liberal democracies to safeguard against such tyrannical ambitions. Otherwise human nature is the same whether in Europe or China (or anywhere else) and history has proven how xenophobia and supremacy easily leads to dehumanisation which easily leads to such atrocities.
Ascend
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ascend)
The difference is that Europe is run by liberal democracies to safeguard against such tyrannical ambitions.
With a massive emphasis on Liberal.
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PTMalewski)
The Muslim world is heavily divided, and even united would not have any effective power to counter that.

Of course, we can complain, but the Chinese aren't likely to give a toss.
I'd rather expect their leaders to be secretly having works on a disease that is going to kill billions. They'll get rid of Africa, Middle East, India the US. Even Europe might be on their list. To eliminate all potential threats and, by the way, get rid of pollution and excessive CO2 emission, by killing most of emitters.
With their system of state-enforced discipline, they could just vaccine all of their people, then release some GMO virus, and exterminate everyone else without firing a single gunshot.
Even if they did want to do this, I think you vastly underestimate the difficulty of vaccinating over a billion people quickly and without being noticed.
Ragman75
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The anti-Muslim and "nativist" rhetoric from the populist right is fundamentally the same as that of Chinese supremacists. Both want to essentially wipe out a culture (that is very much part of the fabric of these societies), whether by expelling them or "re-educating" them. The difference is that Europe is run by liberal democracies to safeguard against such tyrannical ambitions. Otherwise human nature is the same whether in Europe or China (or anywhere else) and history has proven how xenophobia and supremacy easily leads to dehumanisation which easily leads to such atrocities.
Its not at all you dont know anything about the PRC do you?Did you know what they are doing isn't specific to the Uighurs? Did you know they do similar things to the Mongolians aswell? If you knew abything about China you would know this is about the communist governments need for controll and conformity not.

Show me a prominent far right populist that has argued we need to enter Muslims in the UK and re educate them. You are so obviously taking out of your ass.
Ascend
Rep:
?
(Original post by josh75)
Its not at all you dont know anything about the PRC do you?Did you know what they are doing isn't specific to the Uighurs? Did you know they do similar things to the Mongolians aswell? If you knew abything about China you would know this is about the communist governments need for controll and conformity not.

Show me a prominent far right populist that has argued we need to enter Muslims in the UK and re educate them. You are so obviously taking out of your ass.
Please read again:

Both want to essentially wipe out a culture (that is very much part of the fabric of these societies), whether by expelling them or "re-educating" them.

This applies to any ethnic/religious groups not tolerated by supremacists and to any supremacists who advocate for any 'solution' barring one which accepts the group's presence as part of their societies.
username3895014
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m guessing you don’t have Twitter
AlwaysBroke.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
f

I think she wants you guys to #stormchina2020 they can't stop all of you
Ragman75
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please read again:

Both want to essentially wipe out a culture (that is very much part of the fabric of these societies), whether by expelling them or "re-educating" them.

This applies to any ethnic/religious groups not tolerated by supremacists and to any supremacists who advocate for any 'solution' barring one which accepts the group's presence as part of their societies.
competently different still, at most "hard right populist" want a foreign culture out of the UK. No one argues muslim Pakistani culture cant exist, but people just dont like it in the UK. The Chinese are actively wiping out native cultures of people that have no cultural conflicts with the native population.

and again Show me a prominent far right populist that has argued we need to enter Muslims in the UK and re educate them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (287)
55.73%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.27%

Watched Threads