How to get into Imperial Medical School London?

Watch
keeno25
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am in yr 12 and I was wondering what the ideal predicted grades, bmat score and extracurriculars you need to be able to get into ICL for medicine?
Qadeer1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...y-requirements
Imperial students
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by keeno25)
I am in yr 12 and I was wondering what the ideal predicted grades, bmat score and extracurriculars you need to be able to get into ICL for medicine?
Hi keeno25,

I'm Ben and I'm a 3rd year medical student at Imperial college London. The minimum entry requirements for medicine are AAA to include chemistry and biology. However, the typical offer 85% of students receive is A*AA with an A* in either biology or chemistry. The BMAT score will vary year on year depending on how the entire cohort who applies to Imperial does. Extracurricular interests are important to demonstrate how you are committed to medicine and to show that you are a well rounded individual. So when thinking about what extra-curricular activities you do/start, think about these.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Many thanks,

Ben
keeno25
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Dear Ben,Thanks alot for replying. May I ask how much volunteering you did and what you mentioned on your personal statement?Also will there be a disadvantage to a AAA student compared to an A*AA student in terms of predicted grades?
Imperial students
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by keeno25)
Dear Ben,Thanks alot for replying. May I ask how much volunteering you did and what you mentioned on your personal statement?Also will there be a disadvantage to a AAA student compared to an A*AA student in terms of predicted grades?
Hi @keeno25,

My name is Rebecca and I'm a 4th year medical student at Imperial. It's great you're showing such interest and dedication! I don't believe there is a particular amount of volunteering you have to mention you've done. I personally volunteered at a care home for approximately 8months-1year and mentioned this in my personal statement. There are a variety of activities that you're likely to have done which you can mention on your personal statement: anything from a sponsored run to working at a charity shop. All is valid! In terms of a disadvantage in terms of predicted grades, I cannot say with any certainty if you would receive an offer for AAA or A*AA. Typically, students with a contextualised offer will be asked for AAA. This is the minimum entry requirements at Imperial.

Hope this helps!

Rebecca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (45)
60%
No (30)
40%

Watched Threads