American media 'coincidentally' uses anti-Semitic pose of Sanders Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The feature photo of every article where the only major Jewish candidate for President raked in a boatload of money, just happens to be a pose mimicking the infamous "greedy jew" cartoon?

The anti-Semitic "meme":

The American media:

But this is not the first time:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/berni...b6b5a713b57e06

What does TSR think? A coincidence too many?
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
penguin, before making a thread, ask yourself: "does anyone who isn't getting paid to care actually care about this"

the answer is usually no
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you ever saw far-left/right nonsense and thought, 'could it get any worse?' then behold the cynical shills like AngeryPenguin whose sole existence is to amplify cultural and political extremism and divisiveness.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Clasping your hands is now anti-semitic? Next you will be saying the ok hand sign means white supremacy :lol:
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not sure what's anti-Semitic about taking a picture of someone wringing her hands. Especially when Ocasio-Cortez is a Catholic.

AngeryPenguin - the Shanghai No 7 Troll Farm thanks you for your service for glorious Motherland.
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please don't invent antisemitism to back up your politics. Do you really care about Jews being offended or is this just to make Bernie Sanders look like a victim? There is a huge amount of actual antisemitism in the world and watering it down with things like this isn't helpful at all and could even lead to more antisemitism.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sir Cumference)
Please don't invent antisemitism to back up your politics. Do you really care about Jews being offended or is this just to make Bernie Sanders look like a victim? There is a huge amount of actual antisemitism in the world and watering it down with things like this isn't helpful at all and could even lead to more antisemitism.
This is especially ironic when you consider that the OP is a Corbynista.
Ever heard of Chris ”from the river to the sea” Williamson?
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If there's going to be anti-semitism and Sanders linked together, it'll be the deliberate conflation of criticism of Israel and their apartheid imposed on Gaza with anti-semitism in an attempt to smear him with allegations of being anti-semetic (having just seen it tank Corbyn here).
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
If there's going to be anti-semitism and Sanders linked together, it'll be the deliberate conflation of criticism of Israel and their apartheid imposed on Gaza with anti-semitism in an attempt to smear him with allegations of being anti-semetic (having just seen it tank Corbyn here).
This feels a bit irrelevant to the thread. The OP posted allegations of antisemitism against Sanders, not the other way around.
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
allegations of being anti-semetic (having just seen it tank Corbyn here).
Being an insufferable Tankie tanked Corbyn.
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ascend)
Being an insufferable Tankie tanked Corbyn.
It was the anti-semitism allegations and his inability to deal with them that dogged him throughout the campaign, not arguments over being a tankie
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was the anti-semitism allegations and his inability to deal with them that dogged him throughout the campaign, not arguments over being a tankie
It was much more than that.

But he dealt with the allegations as best as he could given his juggling of antizionist priorities over antisemitism within the party.
AngeryPenguin
(Original post by Sir Cumference)
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
This is especially ironic when you consider that the OP is a Corbynista.
Ever heard of Chris ”from the river to the sea” Williamson?
I'm not a fan of Sanders or Corbyn. Does one need to be a fan of Sanders to find anti-Semitism appalling?

I'm accused of being an anti-Sanders and an anti-Corbyn by supporters of each. It seems both sides dislike the articles I post - I am in the center.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Clasping your hands is now anti-semitic? Next you will be saying the ok hand sign means white supremacy :lol:
I'm now worried that I was being anti-Semitic when I had my hands in this pose this morning. Or maybe I was applying hand cream....:dontknow:
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
I'm accused of being an anti-Sanders and an anti-Corbyn by supporters of each. It seems both sides dislike the articles I post - I am in the center.
:laugh:

Yes, centrists are well-known for their dissemination of Chinese state propaganda. Who are you kidding?
the beer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does one need to be a fan of Sanders to find anti-Semitism appalling?
Didn't you post a thread about 3 jewish men and their skin colour? Did you ever appologise?
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If Israel is an apartheid state...
Why can Arabs sit in the Knesset and form political parties? (which black and mixed South Africans were prohibited from doing)
Why can Arabs and Jews attend the same universities?
Why are all Israeli government notices in Palestinian Arabic as well as Hebrew and English?
Why have Arabs won beauty contests in Israel (imagine a black winner of a beauty contest in apartheid South Africa)?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm sure sanders has no problem giving Israel more US tax payer money, to build walls.. in Israel.
AngeryPenguin
(Original post by Ascend)
:laugh:

Yes, centrists are well-known for their dissemination of Chinese state propaganda. Who are you kidding?
Those who disseminate British and American state propaganda would seem as centrists due to the nature of the status quo being in the political center by definition.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
would seem as centrists
It's almost as if your posts have been put into Google Translator.
现在为什么呢?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.58%
No (268)
33.42%

Watched Threads