Dylan Moran V Frankie Boyle watch

• View Poll Results: Frankie OR Dylan
    I would rather go and see Dylan Moran live, more than Frankie
    59.09%
    I would rather go and see Frankie Boyle live, more than Dylan
    40.91%

ReputationRep:
    HELP ME DECIDE

Both Dylan Moran and Frankie Boyle are on at my local venue soon: Dylan in Oct, Frankie in Nov.

1. Dylan Moran is very funny, that is a given and I have seen him before. His ticket is more expensive than Frankie's. It is nearer to my birthday so I could make it an occasion with friends and whatnot. More chance of a better seat.

2. I find Frankie hilariously funny on what I've seen, more funny than Dylan. I've not seen him live before - I've heard one person say he is not as funny as he is on television. Ticket slightly cheaper. Nowhere near my birthday, people not want to come just for a night out. Tickets will sell out quickly - that is a good sign in some views, in another, good seats will be going too.

I know their comedy styles are different - I'm not asking you to vote on that - well you can if you want. But help me decide, would you rather go and see DYLAN MORAN or FRANKIE BOYLE?

ReputationRep:
    Dylan Moran, no question about it. Frankie Boyle is very funny yes but up against Dylan Moran, Moran wins out every time.

ReputationRep:
    Too hard!

ReputationRep:
    Dylan Moran, no question.

How unfortunate that the poll is dead even.

ReputationRep:
    Frankie Boyle (but only because I've seen him on T.V. before and I've never seen Dylan)

ReputationRep:
    I get to see both because they're coming to the theatre I work in... I'm more excited about Russell Howard tho, because he's awesome

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Moran.

ReputationRep:
    Just got asked by my mate to go see Frankie Boyle Would definitely go for him out of the two.

ReputationRep:
    Dylan Moran

Absolutely no question

Spring an episode of Black Books out and let that make the decision for you!

And if you've seen Mock the Week you have seen most of Frankie Boyle's standup anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Moran!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've seen Boyle and I'd go for seeing Dylan Moran, most of Boyle's stuff [except impromtu audience banter] you'd have probably already seen on tv.

ReputationRep:
    moran moran moran
    love frankie too but dylan wins every time. ive got my ticket to see him in october!

ReputationRep:
    Dylan Moran hands down. He's just pissed throughout the entire show, but he's absolutely hilarious.

And, perhaps less relevant, he's a cute irish bloke. Win win.

ReputationRep:
    Dylan Moran without a doubt, Black Books, Run Fatboy Run etc are class - watch his stand up on tv

Seen Frankie Boyle recently, for some reason seems incredibly offensive live - all his material i had heard before on TV, and still do now
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    frankie boyle!!! i hate dylan moran. he's an eejit.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for Moran, but I don't like Boyle. All he does on MTW is come up with more and more 'shocking' participants for his three or so sex jokes.

ReputationRep:
    I like Dylan Moran better, I find he is simply hilarious whereas Boyle is funny but too crude sometimes.

He also relays an interesting story into the stand up, which I like.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.