Hassankhan1884
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I’ve recently failed my first year at uni, and i have decided to retake my first year, but it’s not going well and if I fail my first assessments In a few weeks I will decide to withdraw from my course and drop out.

What is the situation with my Maintenance Loan, if I decide in a few weeks/months to drop out, what happens with my second payment on the 6th of Jan? Do I have to pay that as a lump sum? Do I have to pay my first instalment back also?

Will I have to pay it back straight away when I drop out (If I decide to)? And what happens if I can’t because I’ve spent it? Will it affect my credit score? Will I get prosecuted ?? Or will it be taken from my salary when I earn over £21000.00

What is the situation on this because if I decide to drop out I want to avoid having to pay one big lump sum and being classed as overpaid how can I avoid this thank you.
Last edited by Hassankhan1884; 1 year ago
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hassankhan1884)
Hi I’ve recently failed my first year at uni, and i have decided to retake my first year, but it’s not going well and if I fail my first assessments In a few weeks I will decide to withdraw from my course and drop out.

What is the situation with my Maintenance Loan, if I decide in a few weeks/months to drop out, what happens with my second payment on the 6th of Jan? Do I have to pay that as a lump sum? Do I have to pay my first instalment back also?

Will I have to pay it back straight away when I drop out (If I decide to)? And what happens if I can’t because I’ve spent it? Will it affect my credit score? Will I get prosecuted ?? Or will it be taken from my salary when I earn over £21000.00

What is the situation on this because if I decide to drop out I want to avoid having to pay one big lump sum and being classed as overpaid how can I avoid this thank you.
Hi there,

If you withdraw from your course, the university will send through a Change of Circumstances to us to confirm when you last attended your course. Once this is processed your entitlement will then be recalculated to determine how much of the Maintenance Loan you are entitled to based on the time you attended. If you have been overpaid, you will receive a letter from our collections department to arrange to repay this back as soon as possible.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
15.05%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (96)
32.11%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.71%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.7%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.69%
I think it's an unfair expectation (74)
24.75%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1%

Watched Threads