Plastic taste

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve had the flu since the 19th December. It was all normal flu symptoms until Boxing Day I woke up with a mouth full of dry blood I’ve woken up to this every day since. Today I woke up to a plastic taste in my mouth that gets stronger every time I cough. Is this something I should be concerned about or should I just wait for it to pass?
Ellamdavies73
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would advise calling your doctor ASAP as no one on here can properly diagnose you, and it seems from the blood that it could be quite serious
Earth Guardian
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve had the flu since the 19th December. It was all normal flu symptoms until Boxing Day I woke up with a mouth full of dry blood I’ve woken up to this every day since. Today I woke up to a plastic taste in my mouth that gets stronger every time I cough. Is this something I should be concerned about or should I just wait for it to pass?
Here's an informational link: https://www.healthline.com/health/me...o-see-a-doctor - Below is a relevant paragraph so I agree you should see the DR - Good luck!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A small amount of blood in the phlegm or mucus you cough up during a cold is normal. A little bit of blood in your phlegm will make it look red or pink in color, and usually means that the frequent coughing has irritated your respiratory tract. As an upper respiratory infection progresses, your phlegm may become more yellow or green.

Coughing up large, visible amounts of blood, however, could be a sign of a serious condition like:

chronic bronchitis
lung cancer
pneumonia
pulmonary embolism
tuberculosis
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Waking up with blood in your mouth is obviously not normal. I would see a doctor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.69%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.9%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.17%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.1%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.99%

Watched Threads