Motomoto101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m panicking so bad about there being a world war 3 and everyone dying ?
lewis6969
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you might be using social media too much
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
grow up
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is the second time ive seen someone make this comment in as many minutes, at least the last one was someone trying to make money though.
Although with that being said i rather doubt the Americans would ever go too over board on the matter for fear of dragging in the Russians who would (almost certianly) not tolerate anything too drastic on a partner, least of all one on their door step.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If it happens, it happens. Your anxiety over it isn't exactly going to cease warfare.

If it's bothering you that badly, then go get help.
princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Vote. In any election you're entitled to vote in vote and get involved in the political process.
Wars don't happen randomly, they happen because of politics. Bush didn't go into Iraq because he thought they had nukes and he wanted to do the best for the world - a fact we literally know now - he went in for oil.
World War 1 and 2 were wars of politics. The US loved Hitler until the UK entered the war, thats when they changed their tune. Because an Ally was now fighting.
So... VOTE !!!!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by princetonalec)
Vote. In any election you're entitled to vote in vote and get involved in the political process.
Wars don't happen randomly, they happen because of politics. Bush didn't go into Iraq because he thought they had nukes and he wanted to do the best for the world - a fact we literally know now - he went in for oil.
World War 1 and 2 were wars of politics. The US loved Hitler until the UK entered the war, thats when they changed their tune. Because an Ally was now fighting.
So... VOTE !!!!
Not sure how voting would have or will stop the US from making some **** brained decision..
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's a valid concern (the instigation of a messy war between the US and Iran that spills over), this wasn't just the assassination of a terrorist leader in the way you'd think of Bin Laden or Al-Baghdadi, but more the assassination of a senior terrorist figure like Mike Pence - Suleimani is a very powerful figure in Iran and their Supreme Leader will take it as an act of war. That said, I would expect the retribution from Iran to be less conventional warfare, more clandestine activities like cyber warfare.
Last edited by Stiff Little Fingers; 1 year ago
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it would only become WW3 if other nations involve themselves.. and I can't see that happening to the extent that it would need to, to become a world war.

You can draw up the battle lines, but there are plenty of big figures on both sides who have no apitite for this war. For example you'd put China where I live on Irans side, but there is no Chance china has any interest in a war... funding/supplying one? probably.. but not taking part. Same with many of the USA's allies.. most of them have no desire for a war and populations that are staunchly against it.. missile strikes? or a conflict against a weak enemy maybe.. but an actual war? Most of Nato has no political or public will for one.

So I just can't see it.. there would need to be a good few more events that motivate the people, not just the politicians to war, if we are to get anywhere close.. Certainly the assasination of a beloved leader is motivation for the iranians.. but what motive do american, canadian, british, french people have to endure a long costly and bloody war?

---

If it did happen though, it puts me in a **** place, having two halves of my family on different hypothetical sides...
onebro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you heard that song... Morriessey- Spent the day in bed.

Listen to it please, and try to relax.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
a senior terrorist figure like Mike Pence
Do you mean Mike Pompeo? Because it can't possibly be this guy:

Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
World war? Nah.

Another messy proxy war? Possibly.
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

:rolleyes:
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Motomoto101)
I’m panicking so bad about there being a world war 3 and everyone dying ?
Give me one good reason why WW3 would emerge.

Nobody wants WW3, maybe except for a few fanatics who would wish to see the West destroyed. But they can't start such war. The worst thing they could do, is to put their fingers on some weapon of mass desctruction and commit an act of either nuclear or biological terrorism.
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PTMalewski)
The worst thing they could do, is to put their fingers on some weapon of mass desctruction and commit an act of either nuclear or biological terrorism.
Activating sleeper cells is a possibility.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/06/14...-kourani-iran/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ion-escalates/
JoshDarnIt_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
''If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.'' - Lao Tzu

The future is yet to come. Don't waste your energy thinking about it and instead focus on the present. There you will find peace.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ascend)
Do you mean Mike Pompeo? Because it can't possibly be this guy:

Either, both are powerful figures in a terrorist nation (the US is just a terror state powerful enough that people pretend it's legitimate, you can't change my mind)
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Either, both are powerful figures in a terrorist nation (the US is just a terror state powerful enough that people pretend it's legitimate, you can't change my mind)
Well, I'm not here to change your mind. I sympathise with that sentiment. But, given the possibility of imperialistic states like Iran or Russia wielding the same power as the United States and co, I know which pragmatic camp I'll choose. Until you present me with a viable and realistic alternative to this world order, I know which camp I'm forced to align with.
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, I'm not here to change your mind. I sympathise with that sentiment. But, given the possibility of imperialistic states like Iran or Russia wielding the same power as the United States and co, I know which pragmatic camp I'll choose. Until you present me with a viable and realistic alternative to this world order, I know which camp I'm forced to align with.
I've asked this question before and I've yet to get an answer:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...26&postcount=6

The question remains: what's an ideal alternative to the liberal Atlanticist/UN/EU/NATO domination in an already globalised world?
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly, I reject that as a choice - it cannot simply be which form of imperialism (US led or Russian led) we'd prefer. You ask for realistic alternatives but so long as the US exists there can't be alternatives, because anything that threatens America's corporate hegemony gets coup'd to **** by the CIA
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (54)
28.42%
No (136)
71.58%

Watched Threads