The Student Room Group

dropping EPQ medicine

i want to focus on my a levels instead of my EPQ, which has become such a burden as my school only began it a couple months back and it has clashed with my interviews, BMAT etc so I haven't even started it apart from my proposal. it's annoying because i really liked the topic, i just don't have enough time for it.

I'll hear back from Oxford on the 14th - if I do get an offer, I think i'll just email them to check if it's okay that i drop the EPQ. hopefully that should be okay?

if i don't get into Oxford, I have a UCL interview later in january, but I know they value the EPQ although they don't give offers including it - would me dropping the EPQ affect my interview or the chance of me getting an offer? should I email UCL now to ask them about if I can drop it?

Sheffield give offers of AAB + A in EPQ, but if i got in they should change my offer to AAA without any issues I think??

i can continue with the EPQ if i have to and probably get it done over the next couple of months, but it would be a lot easier if i didn't have to do it. does anyone have any advice??
Hey,

I get where you're coming from. I did an EPQ a couple years back and it was a big burden. However, I found did useful as a means of distraction towards the end of studying as it does get boring and you do crave something else to do. Try keep at it as I've found the referencing and research aspect of it really has helped me through my degree. Good luck with your offers and interviews!!

ps: Sheffield is a great city and a great uni (from a Sheffield uni student :smile:)
Reply 2
Original post by Willrobert1998
Hey,

I get where you're coming from. I did an EPQ a couple years back and it was a big burden. However, I found did useful as a means of distraction towards the end of studying as it does get boring and you do crave something else to do. Try keep at it as I've found the referencing and research aspect of it really has helped me through my degree. Good luck with your offers and interviews!!

ps: Sheffield is a great city and a great uni (from a Sheffield uni student :smile:)

thank you for your help! :smile: ill definitely consider keeping with it as that’s probably the simplest option!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending