Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblebee)
    oh honestly, yeah it's because she's got tits not because she's good at what she does.

You even said the other guys got more hours than you, maybe they don't want you working there because you are a chauvanist pig with a whingy attitude problem.
    or this sharp bloke

rep for you bubblebee :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharp910sh)
    And its not like I don't work hard, all I do is work and work my ass off.
    Totally know how you feel. I've been a waitress in a hotel for about a year and a half, but I'm always the last person to get given shifts. There's a girl in the year below me (but we're the same age - same wages) whose only worked there for a few months but she gets 35ish hours a week and I'll end up with 11...and when she's not around, another girl gets the hours instead.
    Makes me feel poo cos I'm sure I'm not that awful, and it makes me really angry cos I work so hard when I'm in and will organise things so that I can have as many nights free as possible so I can work if he needs me...and he never does, then I feel silly. Booooooo. [/whinge]

Maybe you should just get another job? You've obviously done all you can do as far as getting more hours goes. They've obviously got their reasons for what they're doing, regardless of how out of order they may be, and you haven't really got much of a say in the matter. So you can either take the hours they give you happily and look for another job to get a few more days work, or quit.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I sit there and complain to them, no. I wouldn't get anywhere if I did, so now I'm just voicing opinion.

If they didn't want me working, errm they would have sacked me already and I wouldn't have work there for a year and four months. And TBH its a general problem, other people have complained. Basically they have hired too many people.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I sit there and complain to them, no. I wouldn't get anywhere if I did, so now I'm just voicing opinion.

If they didn't want me working, errm they would have sacked me already and I wouldn't have work there for a year and four months.
    Just ask them why it is then, why the girls get hours and you don't even though you've asked and even though you work hard - Instead of assuming. Then you'll know.
    I'm sure they'll have a reason -
    It's a business not a popularity contest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats funny)
    Just ask them why it is then, why the girls get hours and you don't even though you've asked and even though you work hard - Instead of assuming. Then you'll know.
    I'm sure they'll have a reason -
    It's a business not a popularity contest
    I will then, they will just say its just random. They have too many staff and not enough hours.

And its not the girls, only one girl. The other girl got barely any hours. maybe because she isn't as attractive, and have been working there for years? I duno. Unless I don't go to uni and work full time, that will be the only way I get hours.

ReputationRep:
    I will then, they will just say its just random. They have too many staff and not enough hours.

And its not the girls, only one girl. The other girl got barely any hours. maybe because she isn't as attractive, and have been working there for years? I duno. Unless I don't go to uni and work full time, that will be the only way I get hours.
    Tough luck I'm afraid, sounds like a mickey mouse business if theyre handing out hours based on physical attraction though. I'd leave if that's it, they're evidently a bunch of complete and utter spanners

ReputationRep:
    And TBH its a general problem, other people have complained. Basically they have hired too many people.
    I think its happening everywhere. That's whats going on with me as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats funny)
    Tough luck I'm afraid, sounds like a mickey mouse business if theyre handing out hours based on physical attraction though. I'd leave if that's it, they're evidently a bunch of complete and utter spanners
    And when you got the management team, saying man her tits are big, it kinda gives me the impressive they like her just because of her appearance.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I've noticed you constantly complain about your job, particularly the pay. You just have to do a search for Cotswold Outdoors on this forum and see how many of your posts come up
    You've said that there are guys who also get given more hours than you, how does this work with your theory about the girl? You seem to be focussing all your frustration on her. Perhaps stop making it personal and realise that ****** happens. Either have a serious word with your managers about your concerns or start looking hard for a new job
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Are the new people earning less p/h than you? I was always given a lot of hours at my old place and I reckon not only was it because everyone liked working with me (no bigheadedness or anything, but they always used to ***** about the other part timer to me, and gave me presents and stuff on my birthday, which she never got), but the fact that as I was the ONLY under eighteen staff member, they could get away with paying me less.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. I too work in retail, and have been working in the same place for a year now, and am fed up of seeing new or lazy people getting lots of hours, when I get hardly any! I too work my arse off, and I'm probably one of the hardest working part-timers there. So I don't get their motives.
    Another thing that annoys me is that I still don't have a name badge. One of our new staff, been there about a month, and has just got a name badge. I have given up badgering them for one - I am now nameless when it comes to work!
    I think you just have to remember when you're young and in a part time job, they don't care about you. You are completely disposable and replaceable, because there are so many other people out there looking for jobs. The way I have come to see it is that few hours is better than no hours, and complaining too much could just get your work reduced or even stopped.

End of rant.

ReputationRep:
    Least you have a job OP. ok you're not getting as many hours as you would like but you're still getting some which afterall is better than none! how many people are on TSR who want a job but cant find one anywhere, tbh i think theyd be glad with what you have even if its just one or 2 shifts its something, its still money.

welcome to the real world, it sucks and there is unfairness especially at work. is the girl under 18? if so maybe shes getting more hours because they can pay her less. if not then yes you're bosses are picking favourites, it happens. if you dont like it complain to head office or look for a new job. you've tried to get extra hours and its not happening. if you're not happy with your wages or your hours then move on.

ReputationRep:
    And when you got the management team, saying man her tits are big, it kinda gives me the impressive they like her just because of her appearance.
    Erm...youdo realise that you can appreciate someone's looks and their abilities? Just because she has big tits, doesn't mean she isn't good at her job as well. So while they might comment on her tits, they're probably giving her the hours because you have such an attitude problem, and she just gets on with things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanna May)
    Erm...youdo realise that you can appreciate someone's looks and their abilities? Just because she has big tits, doesn't mean she isn't good at her job as well. So while they might comment on her tits, they're probably giving her the hours because you have such an attitude problem, and she just gets on with things.
    You look, like I said I don't go around complaining to them, if I did I would lose my job. and no she is 18, everyone gets the same pay £4.85 an hour. You come into cotswolds and see the hard work we do. And yes I did say I have a job, and its better than no job. I haven't even given you an insight into my job, so stop coming to conclusions, you may like getting paid £4.85 an hour and getting 4 hours a week.

And I can't just move on, its not easy to find a new job.

ReputationRep:
    You're a charmer I'm really surprised they don't offer you more hours with your sunny disposition

ReputationRep:
    lol this sounds like my Dominos store I work in.

I have worked there since 2 years ago. From Sep-Dec I was at uni so didn't work. Worked over Dec, back to uni, back for summer. Got asked to work. I said yeh why not.

Now theres a flirty chav girl who is flirting with everyone and getting more hours. Not only does she make too many mistakes, but she is lazy (does no work most of the time) and doesn't pay for food. If I did that I would just get told to fo.

But because I have worked there the longest I get put in charge sometimes. and oh is it sweet

ReputationRep:
    well i was one of those newbies who got a hell of a lot of hours lol
    I started my job 4 months ago also.. and two weeks in i was asked it i could do some over time.. so i did.. then i was asked if i could work somebody's shift on thursdays for two months.. so i did.. then i was asked if i could start fridays early.. around 2pm..so i did

i was kinda shocked they were asking ME, a new guy to do soo many hours.. but thank God they asked me cos ive got enough money now plus i guess it shows they see me as capable, Thank God.

But above all maybe giving them loads of hours is kinda like testing them to see if they can really do the job in hand.. plus giving new guys more hours helps train them quicker so then they are able to sort the deadweight out.

Side note: Over time at my place is now banned errgh.. ive gone from doing 3 ten hours shifts in a week to my contract hours of 13 hours a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    Least you have a job OP. ok you're not getting as many hours as you would like but you're still getting some which afterall is better than none! how many people are on TSR who want a job but cant find one anywhere, tbh i think theyd be glad with what you have even if its just one or 2 shifts its something, its still money.

welcome to the real world, it sucks and there is unfairness especially at work. is the girl under 18? if so maybe shes getting more hours because they can pay her less. if not then yes you're bosses are picking favourites, it happens. if you dont like it complain to head office or look for a new job. you've tried to get extra hours and its not happening. if you're not happy with your wages or your hours then move on.
    preach sister preach!!!
    so damn true.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how people can work there all happy and smiling.
    Maybe that's your problem. If I was an employer I would give all the happy and smiley people all the hours because customers like friendly shop assistants. Why choose someone who sulks and moans about other work colleagues all the time when there are cheerful ones to choose from? It's a no brainer really. I think you're better off searching for a new job and once you get an offer, leave this one or just do both providing the hours don't clash.

ReputationRep:
    have you tried asking the people who are given extra shifts if they want to give you some? cos you said they complained about doing them? it might not be ok, depends on your job.

where is it you work? how many employers work at any one time?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.