The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Only 8 people can work at a time, maybe 9 if its a saturday. They complain but sarcastically, so really they are happy.

I work at Cotswold Outdoors
sharp910sh

Man I should go on strike, they pay £4.85 an hour, as the job is real work. They take the p--- hiring young people. I don't understand how people can work there all happy and smiling.

sharp910sh

But during the week there are no customers, I mean like you could stand around doing nothing a times.

well if there was a choice between a girl who was cheerful all the time and didn't think it was acceptable to stand around doing nothing and someone with your opinions then i know which i'd give overtime to.

Even if you don't complain to your bosses, being generally miserable is going to be noticable and probably bring down the moods of your coworkers whether you notice it yourself or not.

Can you think of any reasons why she might get lots of overtime (other than looks obviously)? If you can think of a reason, then you'd do much better assuming it's that rather than her looks or gender. Maybe she's more friendly and approachable, which you might interpret as flirting.
Maybe she's better at talking to customers, but you're better at doing the restocking or something, but the overtime at the moment is just customer facing stuff.
Maybe you were just looking to complain a bit, but i'm trying, probably in vain, to be a little bit useful.
Are you on a higher rate of pay than her?
same here!
well, it was the same until i walked out sunday.
he'd say there wasn't enough money to pay more hours, then when hours came up he'd hire new people who were genuinely not too great at the job. as in, not very good english, really grumpy with the customers(not even a smile, hello or a thankyou at the till which original staff were battered about) and spend ages dossing in the stockroom on their mobiles!

is it that you don't work with the managers or ask for hours? i was told the manager forgot to give me more hours because i NEVER worked with him to be asked to work more hours.
let them know your availabity and that you would like more hours. hmm, and are you any good? are thgey better than you at the job?

Latest

Trending

Trending