Person who I’m in love with kissed me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I’ve had extremely strong feelings for my female best friend for over a year. We’re v close but she lives a while away so we only see each other a few weeks a year .She was home this week and got really really drunk and went to kiss me and I pulled away because I didn’t want her to do anything she regretted. When we got home she tried to cuddle me in bed but again she was smashed out her mind, I was sober so just took her makeup off and whatever. She did kiss a random boy that night also but she doesn’t remember absolutely anything.She’s gone home now, and I’m 19 never been with anyone because I’ve never been able to picture myself with anyone other than her, but I feel like I’m at a point in my life where I need to do something, I can’t wait her forever but I don’t want anyone else but If she doesn’t feel the same way then can we move forward as friends? Although we live apart we go travelling together festivals etc she’s literally my best mate. (I’m a girl and we’re both bi, she’s single but I know she’s had a complicated relationship with someone else who she might still have feelings for idk I’ve never wanted to make her feel uncomfortable by asking )I don’t wanna risk losing her as a friend but i want to know what being in a relationship, intimate is like because any chance I’ve had (with random boys normally) I’ve not got past kissing because never felt right. Any help is welcome
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I’ve had extremely strong feelings for my female best friend for over a year. We’re v close but she lives a while away so we only see each other a few weeks a year .She was home this week and got really really drunk and went to kiss me and I pulled away because I didn’t want her to do anything she regretted. When we got home she tried to cuddle me in bed but again she was smashed out her mind, I was sober so just took her makeup off and whatever. She did kiss a random boy that night also but she doesn’t remember absolutely anything.She’s gone home now, and I’m 19 never been with anyone because I’ve never been able to picture myself with anyone other than her, but I feel like I’m at a point in my life where I need to do something, I can’t wait her forever but I don’t want anyone else but If she doesn’t feel the same way then can we move forward as friends? Although we live apart we go travelling together festivals etc she’s literally my best mate. (I’m a girl and we’re both bi, she’s single but I know she’s had a complicated relationship with someone else who she might still have feelings for idk I’ve never wanted to make her feel uncomfortable by asking )I don’t wanna risk losing her as a friend but i want to know what being in a relationship, intimate is like because any chance I’ve had (with random boys normally) I’ve not got past kissing because never felt right. Any help is welcome
Personally,I think you should have gone for the kiss and pretended that you too were smashed and then tell her in the morning that someone said that you two kissed.Then you would have known what she thinks of the matter,if she laughs and blows it off or if she has the courage to confess
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
I would say you need to confront your feeling dude. The more you wait the more likely another guy will come along and sweep her off her feet, act fast my guy.
Anonymous #1
Personally,I think you should have gone for the kiss and pretended that you too were smashed and then tell her in the morning that someone said that you two kissed.Then you would have known what she thinks of the matter,if she laughs and blows it off or if she has the courage to confess
I so wish I had, or if not mentioned it to her in person but now I won’t see her for months and I would feel weird doing it over message
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
I so wish I had, or if not mentioned it to her in person but now I won’t see her for months and I would feel weird doing it over message.
Do you know y you pulled away because if you have extremely strong feelings for her maybe you would have gone for it.Maybe you should reconsider your options
Anonymous #1
I would say you need to confront your feeling dude. The more you wait the more likely another guy will come along and sweep her off her feet, act fast my guy.
I’m a girl tho so the way girls are just as friends it’s kinda hard to tell with the little things whether it’s friendship or more. If it was a boy girl situation I’d have no doubt she liked me but it isn’t, there’s sometimes a fine Line between a girl girl friendship and relationship. Although we’re both open with each other about liking girls idk if that means much
Anonymous #1
Do you know y you pulled away because if you have extremely strong feelings for her maybe you would have gone for it.Maybe you should reconsider your options
Because I was sober and she was smashed and it took me completely by surprise, I 100% wish I had gone for it because I always knew that I’d never make the first move, it always had to be here be her but the moments long gone
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
I’m a girl tho so the way girls are just as friends it’s kinda hard to tell with the little things whether it’s friendship or more. If it was a boy girl situation I’d have no doubt she liked me but it isn’t, there’s sometimes a fine Line between a girl girl friendship and relationship. Although we’re both open with each other about liking girls idk if that means much
Oh- well ok that makes more sense- I think the fine line between friendship and romance is definitely a kiss, so maybe try and kiss her?????
Anonymous #4
Report 3 months ago
so ur lesbian?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
If she kissed someone else the same night then I'd say don't read too much into it.
Anonymous #1
so ur lesbian?
Not really I’m just more attracted to people’s personality’s so whether it’s a girl or a boy I’m not overly fussed. It doesn’t make a difference tho, and I know she feels taht way too
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
If she kissed someone else the same night then I'd say don't read too much into it.
Yeah, I do sadly think that’s the truth but again I’ve kissed a stranger and it’s meant nothing but if I kissed someone I know it woukd be different idk
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Not really I’m just more attracted to people’s personality’s so whether it’s a girl or a boy I’m not overly fussed. It doesn’t make a difference tho, and I know she feels taht way too
talk to her then.
Anonymous #1
Oh- well ok that makes more sense- I think the fine line between friendship and romance is definitely a kiss, so maybe try and kiss her?????
I would but she lives a flight away so I probs won’t get to see her again in person for a fair few month cos we both have uni exams, is a ridiculous situation Ik 😭😂 (she only moved away about 18 months ago, we went to school together so I’ve known her like 7 year but we’ve only been mates for a couple)
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
should have gone for the kiss tbh

If i attempted to kiss someone and they pulled away it would lead me think they were not interested. Your friend may never try again as a result....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads