Dan192
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I'm looking into apply to BSc Computer Science but trying to make my mind up on which university to choose: Liverpool Hope or Liverpool University.

I don't know how I feel about both of them to be honest. I'm looking at statistics and what people earn after 6 months and it seems pretty low (I know it isn't accurate and all that) but I don't know which one to choose. any help/advice?

overall I'm struggling to choose my 5 university options - I just don't know which unis to choose
Last edited by Dan192; 1 year ago
3xpl0it3d
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dan192)
Hi,

I'm looking into apply to BSc Computer Science but trying to make my mind up on which university to choose: Liverpool Hope or Liverpool University.

I don't know how I feel about both of them to be honest. I'm looking at statistics and what people earn after 6 months and it seems pretty low (I know it isn't accurate and all that) but I don't know which one to choose. any help/advice?

overall I'm struggling to choose my 5 university options - I just don't know which unis to choose
Not sure if you could consider my answer but according to my research about both of them, I think Liverpool is a good choice since it's a Russel group.

Even I was struggling with my 5 choices but somehow made up the list
1.St Andrews
2.Nottingham
3.Leeds
4.Liverpool and
5.Southampton

I think it's high time to make choices since there are only 12 days left for you to make a decision.
Good Luck!
Dan192
Rep:
?
(Original post by 3xpl0it3d)
Not sure if you could consider my answer but according to my research about both of them, I think Liverpool is a good choice since it's a Russel group.

Even I was struggling with my 5 choices but somehow made up the list
1.St Andrews
2.Nottingham
3.Leeds
4.Liverpool and
5.Southampton

I think it's high time to make choices since there are only 12 days left for you to make a decision.
Good Luck!
Hi,

thanks for the reply!

yeah I'm quite worried that I've left it a bit too late. It's just I kept finding it difficult to decide on which Universities to go to.

My list is currently:
-university of Huddersfield
-university of kent
-aston university (maybe? high exam percentage)
-Liverpool

Currently trying to look for a 5th option.

The thing that is holding me back the most with Liverpool is that the statistics with Computer Science just don't seem to be that good. I was surprised to see that Liverpool is rated silver rather than gold considering how high it is in the league tables.

I have a grade 4 in gcse maths which limits my options
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

thanks for the reply!

yeah I'm quite worried that I've left it a bit too late. It's just I kept finding it difficult to decide on which Universities to go to.

My list is currently:
-university of kent
-Liverpool

The thing that is holding me back the most with Liverpool is that the statistics with Computer Science just don't seem to be that good. I was surprised to see that Liverpool is rated silver rather than gold considering how high it is in the league tables.

you do realise a compsci degree is basically a degree in maths, with a bit of programming thrown in?
Dan192
Rep:
?
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
you do realise a compsci degree is basically a degree in maths, with a bit of programming thrown in?
yeah I do, I enjoy maths

it's just in GCSEs I didn't really try as much as I wanted and got nervous for the exams which kinda resulted in me getting a bad grade.

but I enjoy programming and I enjoy maths which is why I think computer science will be a great course for me
TrimItOut
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mean that may be true for the top compSci degrees at Oxbridge, Imperial and the like however I'd say for the majority of universities outside the top 20 (roughly) it is quite the opposite. More like a software engineering degree with the bare minimum of algorithms and discrete maths to classify it as a compSci degree looking at the syllabus.
StudentRep Medway
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

thanks for the reply!

My list is currently:
-university of kent
-Liverpool

Hey there!
I know this isn't directly related to the question in your original post, but I just wanted to offer my help if you have any questions about the University of Kent I'm currently in my final year at Kent and one of my best friends does computer science so I know a bit about the course too!
Best of luck with everything
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah I do, I enjoy maths

it's just in GCSEs I didn't really try as much as I wanted and got nervous for the exams which kinda resulted in me getting a bad grade.

but I enjoy programming and I enjoy maths which is why I think computer science will be a great course for me
Just because you enjoy it, doesn't mean you'll be good at it. Which is living proof from your GCSE grades being a 4 (low C), yet you want to do university level mathematics?

To answer your original question, apply to any because you'll be dropping out eventually as harsh as that sounds.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

Hey, :shakehand:

Its great to see you are considering studying at Liverpool Hope University.

If you have any questions about the course or need any advice on university in general please do let us know.

It would be a really good idea to visit the universities you are considering at Open Days/ Applicant Days to get a feel for the place, speak to academics and current students and see accommodation options.

Tom :thumbsup:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.82%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.18%

Watched Threads