Switch owners... what's your most played game? Watch

Gordon_D
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I bit the bullet and bought a Switch Lite just before Christmas - I've never really been one for Nintendo in the past, but Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Smash Brothers Ultimate have collectively helped me wasted around 50 hours so far.

What have you played most of, and what else should I be looking to get?

blobfish90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Zelda breath of the wild. Spent way too long grinding that...
Charlie101998
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In terms of time, Either Mario Odyssey, or The legend of zelda breath of the wild, but if you want a game that is nothing but pure enjoyment, and hugely nostalgic in my case, I would implore you to buy Luigi's Mansion 3. A truly remarkable game.
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a good game like hollow knight
Jackaleksandr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My most played game is Octopath Traveler. Other games I'd recommend are:

Astral Chain, Collection of Mana, Fire Emblem: 3 Houses, Little Town Hero, Earthlock, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Stardew Valley etc.
Razza2000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey, I just got a switch lite. I am really new to gaming etc. is it worth buying switch online? I have mario kart and Zelda breath of the wild ATM but don't really enjoy them much cause I want to play with other people. i get my fix from competition haha. any suggestions or even good games o could get in the future for this.

p.s. I played fortnight for like a week. I enjoyed it a bit but got really bored. don't play it anymore
Last edited by Razza2000; 1 month ago
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I bought a switch lite few months back, wish I hadn’t.. not even done a hour on it
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, almost 300 hours I think in about 2 years (which granted isn't that much if you do the maths)

This is nothing in comparison to Pokemon Moon, which I did 250 hours on in 2 months (Yeah it's not a Switch game but it's Nintendo so it still counts to me dammit!)
Last edited by The Mogg; 1 month ago
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Either Stardew Valley or Breath of the Wild.
LordBerkut
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
About 320 hours on Fire Emblem 3H (though spent more on Fates/Awakening, which had a lot less filler). 100 on Zelda, 60 on Disgaea 5 and Mario Odyssey. Most of the other games I've played a few times and then never again.
pyroish
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Smash Ultimate but I've been enjoying Pokemon Shield so so much lately!
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I bought my Switch about six months after it launched yet a brand new title (Pokémon: Shield) is already my most played game!
Himynameisdaisy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blobfish90)
Zelda breath of the wild. Spent way too long grinding that...
Same. I’ve got about 300 hours on it. I’ve done more or less literally everything. All the koroks, filled the compendium, trial of the sword, side quests, literally just got to upgrade a few more pieces of armour and I’m completely done. Kind of sad really but it was worth it
Gordon_D
Rep:
?
Right then, after Xenoblade I'm getting Breath of the Wild. Thanks you lot!
Gordon_D
Rep:
?
(Original post by Razza2000)
hey, I just got a switch lite. I am really new to gaming etc. is it worth buying switch online? I have mario kart and Zelda breath of the wild ATM but don't really enjoy them much cause I want to play with other people. i get my fix from competition haha. any suggestions or even good games o could get in the future for this.

p.s. I played fortnight for like a week. I enjoyed it a bit but got really bored. don't play it anymore
I've got online, but really just for playing my friends on Smash Brothers - although to be fair, most of my online gaming is on XBox. I've also had some really good value from the NES/SNES collections you get with it (I'm an old fart and remember these games fondly anyway)
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gordon_D)
I've got online, but really just for playing my friends on Smash Brothers - although to be fair, most of my online gaming is on XBox. I've also had some really good value from the NES/SNES collections you get with it (I'm an old fart and remember these games fondly anyway)
Most played for me is Mario Kart 8 (around 60 hours) then Pokemon Evee which I think is around 55 atm.
I got uno on my switch a few months ago while it was on sale and using those coin thingies which give you money off made oit worth getting - fun to play
Stardew valley is also good to play on Switch as well.
ChuksKon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Got my Switch Christmas 2018 after almost 2 years of begging.

First place, Splatoon 2, 650 hours. Best. Game. Ever. Infuriating a lot of the time, and you always get the worst teammates, and now that 'content' updates have stopped and only updates coming out are 'competitive balancing' updates, the more casual players have dropped out, it takes longer to find a lobby, but really good besides that.

Second is YouTube with about 640 hours. Most of it is my sisters watching Dance Moms. I don't get why they're watching a US show, but I'll let them be.

Third is Smash Ultimate with 40 hours. What a drop in hours, I know... I don't get much game time anyway and most of my game time is on Splatoon anyway. But awesome game. Also Lucina is the best character, try her if you haven't.

Splatoon and Smash are pretty much the only 'real' games I have right now, as I'm more of a 'serious' player so I don't really play single-player linear games, and the rest that I have are either free or demos, but I'm looking into getting Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Looks really awesome, and even if I haven't played it, it's reviews seem pretty good and I would recommend it!
Gordon_D
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChuksKon)
Got my Switch Christmas 2018 after almost 2 years of begging.

First place, Splatoon 2, 650 hours. Best. Game. Ever. Infuriating a lot of the time, and you always get the worst teammates, and now that 'content' updates have stopped and only updates coming out are 'competitive balancing' updates, the more casual players have dropped out, it takes longer to find a lobby, but really good besides that.

Second is YouTube with about 640 hours. Most of it is my sisters watching Dance Moms. I don't get why they're watching a US show, but I'll let them be.

Third is Smash Ultimate with 40 hours. What a drop in hours, I know... I don't get much game time anyway and most of my game time is on Splatoon anyway. But awesome game. Also Lucina is the best character, try her if you haven't.

Splatoon and Smash are pretty much the only 'real' games I have right now, as I'm more of a 'serious' player so I don't really play single-player linear games, and the rest that I have are either free or demos, but I'm looking into getting Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Looks really awesome, and even if I haven't played it, it's reviews seem pretty good and I would recommend it!
Weirdly, I never played a Smash Bro's game until I got my switch. At times, it's far more difficult than it has any right to be, but really fun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (199)
67.69%
No (95)
32.31%

Watched Threads