Stuck between two Uni courses

Watch this thread
Tiataylor02
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m stuck between applying for Criminology or travel and tourism! I’ve always had an interest in criminology with watching and reading about different crimes and I’m also currently studying psychology which I enjoy but I do find difficult at times. However I also have a passion for travelling and sports which then I think travel and tourism would be more enjoyable and therefore get me through the degree?
shyam patel
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tiataylor02)
I’m stuck between applying for Criminology or travel and tourism! I’ve always had an interest in criminology with watching and reading about different crimes and I’m also currently studying psychology which I enjoy but I do find difficult at times. However I also have a passion for travelling and sports which then I think travel and tourism would be more enjoyable and therefore get me through the degree?
Hey Tiataylor!

Judging by what you have said, Criminology seems to be ur preferences (even though you are not sure..). If something is difficult, you shouldnt use that not to do anything because at Uni, no matter what you do, there will be times of increased workload but if you stick at it from day 1, nothing will be hard (I graduated in 2019 so if you want more advice, let me know..)

And let's be honest, we all have a passion for traveling and sports, but you also need to think about future careers and I feel that with criminology, you have a better chance to get jobs after. I am pretty sure you can express ur interest in travel and sports through different sports and travel clubs that the university will have.

what do you think?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You don't need 'a degree' to work in Tourism and Travel, and its a degree subject that few 'other' employers will take seriously. It really isnt worth racking up £££ student finance debt for as you can get a job in that area without this. If you just want to travel and/or play sport then do that - you dont need to do a degree in it.

A degree in Criminology is worth doing as it could lead you into a wide range of different career areas, and a social science degree is will give you good, usable job skills. Do course 'with study abroad' and see what overseas opportunities are out there - look at Birmingham, Bristol as examples, and there are lots of other Unis where, even without 'study abroad' in the degree title, you can still spend a semester/year overseas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (147)
41.88%
Not yet, but I will soon (64)
18.23%
No (140)
39.89%

Watched Threads