The Student Room Group

GAMSAT test courses and books

hi everyone hope you are all well.
I am planning to apply for GEM in 2021 and I'm thinking of taking GAMSAT test as I really love St George university. has anyone know anything about gradmed courses for GAMSAT test preparation? I don't know wether it is worth taking it or not. and also is there any useful books for this test which I can use to prepare?
Reply 1
I know many struggle to get a good score from the first time. Also, you can use the test to apply to GEM courses in Ireland and Australia. So, if you won't be accepted in the UK, you can apply there
Reply 2
Gradmed is expensive and doesn't guarantee success, there are plenty of people who do it and don't get a good enough GAMSAT score.

Griffiths is the best place to start (https://www.gamsatreview.com/welcome), it gives a good overview of the test and syllabus to learn. Then you can use whatever tools you prefer to learn the syllabus content.

I used the Gold Standard GAMSAT book, though not everyone rates it, as a non-science student though I found it approachable and it was nice that everything was in one place.

I also used Khan Academy on youtube a LOT, invaluable free resource. They have/had an MCAT section which will cover a lot of the same content.

For Section I + II of the exam I would also recommend the book The Meaning of Things by A.C. Grayling, it's a book of short essays on lots of topics that have similar themes to those that come up in the GAMSAT.

I haven't sat the GAMSAT for a few years now, so things may have changed a bit. So take my advice with a pinch of salt!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending