The Student Room Group

how did you convince your parents for IB?

I want to do IBDP in 11th but I want to convince my parents for that to let me change from cbse to Ib.
Can you please give some advice to help or give some testimonials so that i can show them?
Reply 1
I'm currently halfway through my second (and final) year of IB and I'm so happy that I'm doing it instead of something like A levels. I'm not going to lie and say it's not hard, it is, but it is also so much fun. I love having the choice of 6 subjects as I am able to pursue many passions, especially through the choice offered by the IAs. I also had so much fun working on my EE. Overall, I very much recommend it.
Original post by EJLord
I'm currently halfway through my second (and final) year of IB and I'm so happy that I'm doing it instead of something like A levels. I'm not going to lie and say it's not hard, it is, but it is also so much fun. I love having the choice of 6 subjects as I am able to pursue many passions, especially through the choice offered by the IAs. I also had so much fun working on my EE. Overall, I very much recommend it.

As much as I am glad you are enjoying it, I would differ in my opinion. I am currently in my 2nd year of IB

Personally, I think the IB is great in preparing you for uni life, but I think the workload is horrendous. IB don't seem to find a suitable 'limit' with their amount of work. You have to seriously consider whether you are willing to work hard, as you will have to complete 6 internal assessment pieces, alongside learning course content in each subject, alongside the 4000 Extended Essay + reflections, alongside your Theory of Knowledge presentation and essay, alongside your CAS commitments and reflections.

If you are happy to lose quite a bit of chill time and love to work hard, then IB is for you. If you think IB will benefit in terms of the skills you gain, which you can show off on your uni application, then you should do it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending