The Student Room Group

A-level AQA Biology Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat

Welcome to A-level AQA Biology Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat!

The exam timetable is:

Thursday 4th June 2020: Paper 1 (7402/1)

Thursday 11th June 2020: Paper 2 (7402/2)

Monday 15th June 2020: Paper 3 (7402/3)

How are you feeling about these exams? Do you feel prepared? What have you started doing to prepare for your exams? Comment down below!

How to prepare for exams (general tips)

This thread is for anyone studying A-level Biology (AQA). Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and share resources. Good luck everyone :goodluck:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Will keep updating this post with all the recommended resources, links and useful posts that are mentioned in this group :smile:

Specification: AQA A-level Biology Specification

Recommended resources:

Recommended TSR resources:

A-level Biology exams and revision: AQA explains what you need to do
Find all the TSR Uni group chats threads here
Find the Biological, Biochemical, Biomedical and Life Science applicants 2020 thread here
Useful posts:
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi,
what is everyone doing for essay revision in paper 3? i don't know how to prepare for it effectively about from learn the content
also
how are people memorising required practicals and math equations?
I've done in total 12 essays ( including ones done in school and over the past 2 years). i have got these marked and then i just learnt them like 6 mark paragraphs . e.g. i learnt a paragraph on insect gas exchange that i later used in a gas exchange essay , or for extra content a paragraph on bacterias that can be added to a wide range of essays .
I've just recently been completing a range of 25 marker essays, they're a lot of effort but its really helpful for revising and recovering a wide array of topic areas across the spec. and making useful links between them.
Original post by Zainab88
I've done in total 12 essays ( including ones done in school and over the past 2 years). i have got these marked and then i just learnt them like 6 mark paragraphs . e.g. i learnt a paragraph on insect gas exchange that i later used in a gas exchange essay , or for extra content a paragraph on bacterias that can be added to a wide range of essays .

Hi, where do you find 6 mark paragraphs?
Is it worrying that our sixth form hasn’t started on the essays yet? We’ve not completed the content yet but I’ve been told that we’ll do a few lessons on the 25 marker once we’ve done everything
Original post by mspaghetti
Hi, where do you find 6 mark paragraphs?

I mostly just make them by using markschemes . sometimes I use google for example i'd write "explain eutrophication AQA a level biology 6 marker" and use the mark schemes to write out a paragraph that includes all the necessary points.
Original post by Anonymous.23
Is it worrying that our sixth form hasn’t started on the essays yet? We’ve not completed the content yet but I’ve been told that we’ll do a few lessons on the 25 marker once we’ve done everything

nooo don't worry even in my school there is variation , some of my school friends have done none yet but will do a topic size amount after learning content
How does one get marks for breadth? Honestly don't have the time for extra reading at this point
Original post by Evil Homer
Welcome to A-level AQA Biology Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat!

The exam timetable is:

Thursday 4th June 2020: Paper 1 (7402/1)

Thursday 11th June 2020: Paper 2 (7402/2)

Monday 15th June 2020: Paper 3 (7402/3)

How are you feeling about these exams? Do you feel prepared? What have you started doing to prepare for your exams? Comment down below!

How to prepare for exams (general tips)

This thread is for anyone studying A-level Biology (AQA). Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and share resources. Good luck everyone :goodluck:

hey you mind making a chat for Edexcel A Biology (SNAB) Alevels?
Original post by Murphy2222
Hi,
what is everyone doing for essay revision in paper 3? i don't know how to prepare for it effectively about from learn the content
also
how are people memorising required practicals and math equations?

At my sixth form we have been doing one essay a week since October I think and our teacher marks then and gives us feedback and how to improve, it has helped us all a lot really, as in we have all improved extremely in the amounts of marks we get compared to the other class in our sixth form which have only done two or three essays. Practice helps for the essay.
Reply 12
At my sixth form they haven’t started doing essays yet!
We’re still on the content it’s very worrying
Original post by awad1

we've only just started to do essay and we're still on content and there's only two of us so it is worrying
Original post by awad1

Same here we’ve still got a whole topic left
Original post by cjstarfire
we've only just started to do essay and we're still on content and there's only two of us so it is worrying

There’s only 2 of you doing the course?
Reply 16
Hi. Does anyone have any technique/resource that can be used that will help me tremendously on the AQA A-level biology practical qs? I tend to get the lowest marks in these types of qs. Thank you !
Original post by Exdoz
Hi. Does anyone have any technique/resource that can be used that will help me tremendously on the AQA A-level biology practical qs? I tend to get the lowest marks in these types of qs. Thank you !

I think physics and maths tutor have a practical skills section if not ask your teacher as that’s what I do, w extend to do a lesson on questions and go through what we’re doing and why before the practical.
Our college haven't done essays yet apart from 1 :/
which chapters have you guys got left?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending