Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Welcome to A-level AQA Biology Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat! Image

The exam timetable is:

Thursday 4th June 2020: Paper 1 (7402/1)

Thursday 11th June 2020: Paper 2 (7402/2)

Monday 15th June 2020: Paper 3 (7402/3)

How are you feeling about these exams? Do you feel prepared? What have you started doing to prepare for your exams? Comment down below! Image

How to prepare for exams (general tips)

1. Create revision resources, whatever they may be it needs to be what works for you. If writing out notes over and over doesn't work for you, please don't waste your time!

2. Use the revision guide to make your notes, the copy from the exam board is your best bet - rather than using copies from other sources.

3. Create a revision timetable if this works for you. Try TSR's tool here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner

4. Re-read your notes, repetition is the best method of drilling notes into your brain.

5. As it gets closer to the exams complete past papers. The more the better in the end!

This thread is for anyone studying A-level Biology (AQA). Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and share resources. Good luck everyone :goodluck: Image
Last edited by Lemur14; 9 months ago
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Will keep updating this post with all the recommended resources, links and useful posts that are mentioned in this group

Specification: AQA A-level Biology Specification

Recommended resources:

Recommended TSR resources:

A-level Biology exams and revision: AQA explains what you need to do
Find all the TSR Uni group chats threads here
Find the Biological, Biochemical, Biomedical and Life Science applicants 2020 thread here
Useful posts:
Last edited by Lemur14; 9 months ago
Murphy2222
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi,
what is everyone doing for essay revision in paper 3? i don't know how to prepare for it effectively about from learn the content
also
how are people memorising required practicals and math equations?
Zainab88
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I've done in total 12 essays ( including ones done in school and over the past 2 years). i have got these marked and then i just learnt them like 6 mark paragraphs . e.g. i learnt a paragraph on insect gas exchange that i later used in a gas exchange essay , or for extra content a paragraph on bacterias that can be added to a wide range of essays .
matthew_dowd9
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I've just recently been completing a range of 25 marker essays, they're a lot of effort but its really helpful for revising and recovering a wide array of topic areas across the spec. and making useful links between them.
mspaghetti
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Zainab88)
I've done in total 12 essays ( including ones done in school and over the past 2 years). i have got these marked and then i just learnt them like 6 mark paragraphs . e.g. i learnt a paragraph on insect gas exchange that i later used in a gas exchange essay , or for extra content a paragraph on bacterias that can be added to a wide range of essays .
Hi, where do you find 6 mark paragraphs?
Anonymous.23
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Is it worrying that our sixth form hasn’t started on the essays yet? We’ve not completed the content yet but I’ve been told that we’ll do a few lessons on the 25 marker once we’ve done everything
Zainab88
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by mspaghetti)
Hi, where do you find 6 mark paragraphs?
I mostly just make them by using markschemes . sometimes I use google for example i'd write "explain eutrophication AQA a level biology 6 marker" and use the mark schemes to write out a paragraph that includes all the necessary points.
Zainab88
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous.23)
Is it worrying that our sixth form hasn’t started on the essays yet? We’ve not completed the content yet but I’ve been told that we’ll do a few lessons on the 25 marker once we’ve done everything
nooo don't worry even in my school there is variation , some of my school friends have done none yet but will do a topic size amount after learning content
username4469064
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
How does one get marks for breadth? Honestly don't have the time for extra reading at this point
kkkkrrrg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Welcome to A-level AQA Biology Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat! Image

The exam timetable is:

Thursday 4th June 2020: Paper 1 (7402/1)

Thursday 11th June 2020: Paper 2 (7402/2)

Monday 15th June 2020: Paper 3 (7402/3)

How are you feeling about these exams? Do you feel prepared? What have you started doing to prepare for your exams? Comment down below! Image

How to prepare for exams (general tips)

1. Create revision resources, whatever they may be it needs to be what works for you. If writing out notes over and over doesn't work for you, please don't waste your time!

2. Use the revision guide to make your notes, the copy from the exam board is your best bet - rather than using copies from other sources.

3. Create a revision timetable if this works for you. Try TSR's tool here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner

4. Re-read your notes, repetition is the best method of drilling notes into your brain.

5. As it gets closer to the exams complete past papers. The more the better in the end!

This thread is for anyone studying A-level Biology (AQA). Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and share resources. Good luck everyone :goodluck: Image
hey you mind making a chat for Edexcel A Biology (SNAB) Alevels?
TallyPurk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Murphy2222)
Hi,
what is everyone doing for essay revision in paper 3? i don't know how to prepare for it effectively about from learn the content
also
how are people memorising required practicals and math equations?
At my sixth form we have been doing one essay a week since October I think and our teacher marks then and gives us feedback and how to improve, it has helped us all a lot really, as in we have all improved extremely in the amounts of marks we get compared to the other class in our sixth form which have only done two or three essays. Practice helps for the essay.
awad1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
At my sixth form they haven’t started doing essays yet!
We’re still on the content it’s very worrying
cjstarfire
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by awad1)
we've only just started to do essay and we're still on content and there's only two of us so it is worrying
Anonymous.23
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by awad1)
Same here we’ve still got a whole topic left
Anonymous.23
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by cjstarfire)
we've only just started to do essay and we're still on content and there's only two of us so it is worrying
There’s only 2 of you doing the course?
Exdoz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi. Does anyone have any technique/resource that can be used that will help me tremendously on the AQA A-level biology practical qs? I tend to get the lowest marks in these types of qs. Thank you !
TallyPurk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
Hi. Does anyone have any technique/resource that can be used that will help me tremendously on the AQA A-level biology practical qs? I tend to get the lowest marks in these types of qs. Thank you !
I think physics and maths tutor have a practical skills section if not ask your teacher as that’s what I do, w extend to do a lesson on questions and go through what we’re doing and why before the practical.
Schnuckiboo
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Our college haven't done essays yet apart from 1 :/
username4469064
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
which chapters have you guys got left?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.23%
I'm not sure (25)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.85%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.33%

Watched Threads