The Student Room Group

a level chemistry

I have a mock on Monday. How do I cram effectively?

Scroll to see replies

active retrieval
Hahahaha good luck cramming a level chemistry in a weekend I could never 😅😅 I guess just do practice papers and go over the things you DEFINITELY don’t know because then at least you can get some marks
Reply 3
I would really recommend going through past papers and making model answers for questions that come up often.
Reply 4
Original post by Torigracex
Hahahaha good luck cramming a level chemistry in a weekend I could never 😅😅 I guess just do practice papers and go over the things you DEFINITELY don’t know because then at least you can get some marks

Ik very stupid of me not to start earlier, but it's only a mock so I'm just aiming for a C. Hopefully it'll be ok.
I know I'm being a bit irrelevant but how do u find chemistry a level? Is it interesting? I'm choosing my a levels btw.
As others have said, you should create model answers for questions and go over topics you find tricky, make songs/ mnemonics- thats how i revise sometimes lol
Original post by astroehoe
Ik very stupid of me not to start earlier, but it's only a mock so I'm just aiming for a C. Hopefully it'll be ok.

Good luck! At least it’ll give a baseline of what you can do with basically no revision x
Reply 7
Original post by hallaluliah
I know I'm being a bit irrelevant but how do u find chemistry a level? Is it interesting? I'm choosing my a levels btw.
As others have said, you should create model answers for questions and go over topics you find tricky, make songs/ mnemonics- thats how i revise sometimes lol

It's a really really hard subject. I hate it butttttt that's just me. Ik plenty of people who find it ok and i also know plenty of people (like me) who regret taking it. I think only take it if you need it to get into a certain course at university or really enjoyed it at GCSE. It is a really strong subject to have a qualification in but it takes a load of work. Sorry i dont think that was helpful but yeh.
It's a really really hard subject. I hate it butttttt that's just me. Ik plenty of people who find it ok and i also know plenty of people (like me) who regret taking it. I think only take it if you need it to get into a certain course at university or really enjoyed it at GCSE. It is a really strong subject to have a qualification in but it takes a load of work. Sorry i dont think that was helpful but yeh.

alright thanks :smile:, at least I don't have unrealistic expectations of chemistry btw good luck!

U can't eeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk
Monday tooo earlyyyyyyyyyyy
Do a practice paper and then find your weak areas and fix them. Most efficient method I think. It stops you from wasting time revising topics you already know.
Reply 11

Personally, chemistry is my favourite subject. I think it is a lot easier than physics and biology (which I dropped in year 12). Even the practicals are easier and more fun that in Physics because there are less write-ups and risk assessments to do. Plus most unis quite like it (it is a requirement for quite a few medicine and science courses) .
Original post by ELK?
Personally, chemistry is my favourite subject. I think it is a lot easier than physics and biology (which I dropped in year 12). Even the practicals are easier and more fun that in Physics because there are less write-ups and risk assessments to do. Plus most unis quite like it (it is a requirement for quite a few medicine and science courses) .

I think i'll go with chemistry as idk what i wanna do in the future , it'll open more doors. thanks!

omg same here I'm acc dying

What are you cramming exactly? tell me what lessons did you have and I can give you concrete advices. Would also be helpful to know what are you struggling.
(edited 4 years ago)

I love chemistry but don't do biology. That's all I can say. Don't pick biology.

chemistry is very interesting imo, definitely my most interesting a-level but also the hardest. at gcse, i found it so boring but now i love it because it's actually engaging due to the problem solving and practicals. however you do need to work very hard at it; it's hard to understand some concepts and get phrasing correct in exam questions.
Original post by ELK?
I would really recommend going through past papers and making model answers for questions that come up often.

The best thing in that short time, indeed. But it is also a great effort to sort the frequent questions out till the day after tomorrow.

Hey! I’m also a year 13 Chemistry student and just thought I’ll also give my opinion to help you. Well, Chemistry itself at A Level can be seen and portrayed difficult if you don’t revise it well. If Chemistry is something that you struggle with at GCSE level, it would be best not to take it during A Level, however with that being said, it’s an extremely strong subject to have an A Level in and if you really want to do it and you feel as if you want to go down a career path that requires chemistry A Level. Then go for it!
Personally, I particularly enjoy the subject quite a lot at A Level stage and like I said if you enjoy it now, why not do it at A Level?
I wish you all the best with GCSE chemistry and choosing your A Levels.
I hope I helped you in some way :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Sumayyah.Akhtar
Hey! I’m also a year 13 Chemistry student and just thought I’ll also give my opinion to help you. Well, Chemistry itself at A Level can be seen and portrayed difficult if you don’t revise it well. If Chemistry is something that you struggle with at GCSE level, it would be best not to take it during A Level, however with that being said, it’s an extremely strong subject to have an A Level in and if you really want to do it and you feel as if you want to go down a career path that requires chemistry A Level. Then go for it!
Personally, I particularly enjoy the subject quite a lot at A Level stage and like I said if you enjoy it now, why not do it at A Level?
I wish you all the best with GCSE chemistry and choosing your A Levels.
I hope I helped you in some way :smile:

Yeh I quite forget a lot of stuff on Year 1 stuff like definitions and methods and pretty much the whole lot

Quick Reply

Latest