The Student Room Group

My weight loss Journey

Today was the first step I took to start taking care of my health!! I went to an actual health care professional where I got a diet and tips to lose weight. I also went to the gym and made membership for 6 months :smile:) I hope to be able to lose weight so I can be healthier and gain confidence in myself.

Date: 2/01/2020
Weight: 84.1 KG
Height:169cm
BMI:30.5 (obese)

Hopefully i'll update in a month and then i would've lost 6+ kilos
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by iamjoecll
Today was the first step I took to start taking care of my health!! I went to an actual health care professional where I got a diet and tips to lose weight. I also went to the gym and made membership for 6 months :smile:) I hope to be able to lose weight so I can be healthier and gain confidence in myself.

Height:166cm

Good luck! And well done for wanting to become healthier this year. :smile:
Good luck :smile:
I went through something similar (99kg at 5'8", very overweight) and it took a year of half-assing and a year of devotion to get me down to 86kg with some decent muscle mass. It's a difficult journey but I believe that if you know what you really want (my initial goal was to feel comfortable shirtless) you really can do anything you want. I will point out that losing 6kg in a month might not be very healthy. Patience is crucially important in weight loss - it's what separates the deserving from the undeserving. I aimed to lose 1-2lbs a week which equates to about 2-3.6kg a month. Going too fast can lead to dehydration and/or muscle atrophy. However, the most important thing is that you eat right and exercise enough (make sure you enjoy yourself when you work out). Please keep us updated on your progress! I believe in you!
Good luck! Looking forward to an update! :biggrin:
Reply 5

Height:166cm

okii wow so much time passed and i actually forgot to update at all. As you all know about the current events i had to do everything at home and i had so many ups and downs especially since i couldn't afford the dietitian so i was really just not eating correctly.
Nonetheless, i am still proud of my progress!!

Date: 27/06/2020
Weight: 77.2 KG
Height: 169cm
BMI: 27.0!!
Reply 6
Thank you so much!!!
I'm doing okay recently :smile:
Hope you're also doing well!!
okii wow so much time passed and i actually forgot to update at all. As you all know about the current events i had to do everything at home and i had so many ups and downs especially since i couldn't afford the dietitian so i was really just not eating correctly.
Nonetheless, i am still proud of my progress!!

Date: 27/06/2020
Weight: 77.2 KG
Height: 169cm
BMI: 27.0!!

Yay!! Well done that's amazing :biggrin: Losing weight in lock down is hard! (something I've managed to do with some 'struggle' :tongue: )

Quick Reply

Latest