Turn on thread page Beta

Here is the story.

There's this girl, and I'm head over heels about her. We got very close about a year ago, and we could have been an item, but I didn't realise how much I liked her. I was being a **** and trying to be cool and she decided I didn't like her.

We've been very good mates, but I swear I think I love her. The problem is, is that she has a boyfriend, they've not been going out long, and they're always arguing, and hardly ever see each other. It's not that I want her, it's that I need her. What do I do?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    as with most problems - talk to her. if your still on talking terms.

but don't make her feel she has to choose between you and her boyfriend. cause she would just end up resenting you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Here is the story.

There's this girl, and I'm head over heels about her. We got very close about a year ago, and we could have been an item, but I didn't realise how much I liked her. I was being a **** and trying to be cool and she decided I didn't like her.

We've been very good mates, but I swear I think I love her. The problem is, is that she has a boyfriend, they've not been going out long, and they're always arguing, and hardly ever see each other. It's not that I want her, it's that I need her. What do I do?

Thanks in advance.
    If you're quite close friends right now, let her know that you "like" her...maybe not immediately telling her the great extent of your love but just give it to her in doses and see how she reacts?

ReputationRep:
    If she is arguing with her bf its time for you to become the white knight she needs.

invite her for dinner somewhere as a friend then at the end of the evening when you are walking home kiss her and say oh sorry i dont know what came onto me.. then if she likes you she will kiss you back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASASASASASASASASASASASASA)
    If she is arguing with her bf its time for you to become the white knight she needs.

invite her for dinner somewhere as a friend then at the end of the evening when you are walking home kiss her and say oh sorry i dont know what came onto me.. then if she likes you she will kiss you back
    yeah cause that works in real life.

get outa the movies -.-

For goodness sake don't rush things. I don't know how old you are but I thought similar things a year or two ago. Take a step back, breathe and try and take an objective view of the situation. Let her be with this boy, no matter how much it might hurt (and if you are truly in love with her then it'll hurt like nothing else you've ever known) just let things happen between them - chances are, from what you've said - it won't last.

Then, after some time, you will have a much better view of how to tackle this.

Saying things such as 'I need her' does seem a little OTT in my opinion. You feel it now but read that back in a years time and you'll probably laugh at yourself. I don't want to belittle you, I just want you to put things into perspective. You know that there is some potential there as you've got close in the past. With time, things will become clear.

Just don't rush things - the worst decisions are made that way. The best relationship I ever had took about eight months to get off the ground...

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to murder the boyfriend on the sly when hes having his evening **** or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    yeah cause that works in real life.

get outa the movies -.-
    worked for me =\
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Tell her exactly what you wrote in the OP. She will dump the guy in due time trust me.

I'm exaggerating. But it sometimes seems like that. I do want her, yeah. And I'm not about to go trying to plit her and her fella up by any means. I guess I'll just sit it out for now.

I reckon there's little point telling her. I think one of her other reasons for not liking me is that she sees me as a bit of a ****, and I have a bit of a history of that, hence the acting up when I first had a chance, to keep up a reputation. I never feel like this though, it's mental.

ReputationRep:
    You always want what you can't have.

I don't think you should talk to her now if she's trying to get a relationship started with this other guy. If it doesn't work out then you can let her know how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    Wait until her relationship ends and see how you feel then. If you still like her, make a move.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.