Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need a dc motor, 15-30v or there abouts, low rpm, 300 ish at 30v, and power of about 50w or less or more a bit. If it was lightweight too that would be good but not essential.

I am having trouble finding any, anyone got ideas? A gearbox is not an option. And pretty much all motors of about that size are ridiculous rpms, 10000 or more.

Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    ebay?.... or local ad's in newspaper maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I've tried ebay, with no success, and local newspapers don't have any.

Can anyone think of suitable equipment that would use a motor like the one I want, I was thinking a cordless drill or screwdriver?

ReputationRep:
    Why no gearbox?

Cordless drills have gearboxes inside them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    I need a dc motor, 15-30v or there abouts, low rpm, 300 ish at 30v, and power of about 50w or less or more a bit. If it was lightweight too that would be good but not essential.

I am having trouble finding any, anyone got ideas? A gearbox is not an option. And pretty much all motors of about that size are ridiculous rpms, 10000 or more.

Thanks for your help.
    Hi,

This may be a late reply but one of the best suppliers for anything like this is Farnell. If there is an ungeared motor available to suit your specification it will certainly be listed. Here's a link:

Farnell Website

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 24, 2008

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.