Turn on thread page Beta

People who pride themselves on stupid things! watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do people do this?

Girls:
    I know a few people who pride themself on being a slut, Its hardly something to be proud of.
    Also girls who pride themselves on being plastic or fake, its not actually a good thing to be fake.
    Or girls being all "look at me, i'm so ditzy" no-one cares, you have a brain. USE IT.

Boys:
    Proud of going round saying sly remarks to people.
    Groups of boys thinking there great because they have all just ganged up on one person.
    Boys who think their so perfect and everyone loves them, when in fact no one really does?

Does anyone know any people like this, or just generally cant stand them like me, or does pride themself on being something rather silly!

:no:

ReputationRep:
    People who **** on others for not being as good academically

ReputationRep:
    I pride myself on being ginger...
    which i guess is pretty stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Win)

Not really, I would love to have natural dark ginger hair, Think its a really nice colour, I hate it when people take the piss. You should pride yourself

Not stupid at all.

ReputationRep:
    I pride myself on being northern, but this is because I go to uni with a load of southerners. In my head this seems a very reasonable thing to be proud of, but I probably come across as an absolute tool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Not really, I would love to have natural dark ginger hair, Think its a really nice colour, I hate it when people take the piss. You should pride yourself

Not stupid at all.

i hate when people say they'd love ginger hair haha
    i really dont mind it, but its the pale skin and certainty of sunburn that comes with it that i'm not fond of

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what gets me? People who pride themselves on being so self-righteous they feel the need to publicly condemn all those who irritate them slightly, because they think their opinions are moral facts.

Yes. That is sarcasm. And hypocrisy. Bite me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Win)
    I think some ginger-haired people are lovely, but they're all female. With ginger males you have Ron Weasley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinyhappy)
    I pride myself on being northern, but this is because I go to uni with a load of southerners. In my head this seems a very reasonable thing to be proud of, but I probably come across as an absolute tool.
    I do the same with about being northern, and manciunian. I often call people a yorkshire ****, scourse ****, southern ****, basically if i get lazy with insults and there not manc, ill call them an ..(whereever there from) ****.

That will a be censored too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Do you know what gets me? People who pride themselves on being so self-righteous they feel the need to publicly condemn all those who irritate them slightly, because they think their opinions are moral facts.

Yes. That is sarcasm. And hypocrisy. Bite me.
    Theres nothing stupid about an opinion on something, I am not priding myself on what you are saying. I am wondering if the things that bother me, bother other people. So if you are so bothered about it, why did you even bother posting lol. :rolleyes:

People who pride themselves over something they have no control over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    I think some ginger-haired people are lovely, but they're all female. With ginger males you have Ron Weasley.
    not exactly a commanding figurehead for the ginger movement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Somebody said to me that i "look like the guy from harry potter" i presumed they meant him, but i dont watch it so i dont know, Im fairly sure i dont look like him, dispite being a ginger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I do the same with about being northern, and manciunian. I often call people a yorkshire ****, scourse ****, southern ****, basically if i get lazy with insults and there not manc, ill call them an ..(whereever there from) ****.

That will a be censored too.
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me! Of course, being from Leeds, I think I'm predisposed to insult Mancunians most of all, but it's one in the morning, and I can't really be bothered

ReputationRep:
    I pride myself for being a sabbath-born (born on Saturday). Not that I really had nothing to do with it... :rolleyes:
    Sabbath-borns, in Greece, are considered to be very lucky persons -it's been said that our wishes and our curses work.

I like it. It makes me feel special

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinyhappy)
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me! Of course, being from Leeds, I think I'm predisposed to insult Mancunians most of all, but it's one in the morning, and I can't really be bothered
    Hehe, im in leeds 80% of the year, so i can have fun at your expenses even if there is more of you haha

People who pride themselves on having psychic powers.

(or anything supernatural)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galladriel)
    I pride myself for being a sabbath-born (born on Saturday). Not that I really had nothing to do with it... :rolleyes:
    Sabbath-borns, in Greece, are considered to be very lucky persons -it's been said that our wishes and our curses work.

I like it. It makes me feel special

Do you know what all of the days mean by any chance, I was born on a thursday morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Do you know what all of the days mean by any chance, I was born on a thursday morning
    No I don't, sorry.
    As far as I know, at least in Greece, those born on Saturday are considered lucky while those born on Thuesday are considered unlucky -but that is only because the 29th of May 1453 (the day the Turks entered Constantinople) was a Thuesday, and it's sort of a collective national memory that that is a bad-bad day of the week. I doubt is bad for any other nation...

All other days are pretty plain.
    ...Although I think there is something said about Frday -the day Jesus died- but can't remember what.
    As you can tell we are very superstitious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    People who pride themselves over something they have no control over.
    I agree, for example i know a guy who is 6ft 5 or so and it seems like he feels that makes him superior to others. When i first met him i think he tried to intimidate me somewhat, now he has realised it doesn't work and the power play has ended. But yes i think he prides himself far too much on something that he had no control over. The ultimate example is of the racial supremacist who dropped out of school, lives on benefits and yet feels superior to whole swathes of humanity due to their skin colour. The same goes for those that have been born into wealth and feel superior to those who are poor or even just less wealthy.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.