Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you think its possible for someone to go from ugly to attractive just by changing one simple thing? For example this girl always had messy, not very fashionable hair but when she had it cut in a fashionable style and wears tight jeans instead of baggy tracksuit pants she looks so pretty:confused: Is it just me being weird or can simple things make someone go from ugly to pretty?

ReputationRep:
    this is one of the most boring threads ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean87)
    your not in a good mood tonight are ya:eek:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i dont think so.
    no one can alter their face like

ReputationRep:
    I think so. Something so simple, can make a huge difference. Like, swap a pair of steel frames specs, for a designer thick rimmed pair and voila, instant transformation.

I had an uber style change back when I was 17, lost weight, got better glasses and the difference was immense. It can be done.

ReputationRep:
    cause theres only you replied so far thats why..lol.

ReputationRep:
    then gtfo.

OP, did you not just answer your own question? You concentrated on the flaws and when the flaws were removed you were no longer distracted by them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoeGeddaBowDeet)
    then gtfo.

OP, did you not just answer your own question? You concentrated on the flaws and when the flaws were removed you were no longer distracted by them.
    Maybe, but you would think people can tell when a face is pretty whatever the hairstyle or clothes.

ReputationRep:
    GTFO. now its more interesting

this thread has the most boring premise ever

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think it's pretty simple to go from ugly to attractive.

Body transplant.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, totally, especially in some people's eyes.

ReputationRep:
    GTFO. now its more interesting

this thread has the most boring premise ever
    What made you click on it? I take it you are not the psychological type you usually have to have a certain level of interest in social psychology to enjoy the h and r forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    What made you click on it? I take it you are not the psychological type you usually have to have a certain level of interest in social psychology to enjoy the h and r forum.
    what made me click on it.... the title, genius

great title

terrible content

snore (literally, bedtime)

ReputationRep:
    yeah, even personality can make a difference..

ReputationRep:
    hahah awesome signature pic Erik.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, some people are a diamond in the rough.

It happens a lot, it's usually the normal people (not meaning geeky) in school that didn't get so much attention that turn out to be the best looking in the end, mainly girls though...they have more to work with.

ReputationRep:
    I think hair-styles and clothing can make a lot of difference. But to be honest, I think the most important thing is confidence (how cliched :p:).

Egh I looked so awful at the end of year 11. I was pretty fat, had awful hair and an AWFUL fashion sense, got called Ruth The Man by my nearest and dearest. I changed school for sixth form and decided I needed improvements; bought some hair straighteners and lost quite a bit of weight and when I saw some of my old school friends the other day they didn't actually recognise me. As in, I was standing opposite them while they were talking to my other friend and they didn't know who I was. I guess it depends on age too.

ReputationRep:
    Well not all celebrities are all that good looking when they haven't been airbrushed. Not everyone can, but yeah I think some people can look better, they can't alter, just enhance the good parts.

ReputationRep:
    hahah awesome signature pic Erik.
    I thought so!

ReputationRep:
    Sure, with a little weed, everything's possible

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.