Lareb.A
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
If the D says something like the V will be next (as in killed) and then the V suffers a heart attack and dies.
Is a threat enough for murder, or is it better to look at unlawful act manslaughter?
After looking at cases like Watson [1989] and Dawson [1985], i believe unlawful act manslaughter is the right offence to discuss.
Last edited by Lareb.A; 10 months ago
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The D is The Devil? Sure, you could convict him for giving people heart attacks (along with everything else) but I don't think that would matter much in the grand scheme of things.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Well the act wasn’t criminally unlawful or dangerous was it? Just words? Unless it was known he would cause a heart attack as the victim was very old or frail?
You definitely have assault though! A fear of violence.
If it’s an essay on liability then you probably need to consider uam. As you uh need to fill those pages somehow!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (575)
34.41%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (687)
41.11%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.49%

Watched Threads