What’s my dad got

Watch
Amber1874
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My Dad is a very nice man, he’s always polite, works hard and loves us all dearly. But all of a sudden he shouts at me and my mum, swear a lot until we get upset. And then in 10 minutes he changes. He’s back to normal. At the start we thought it was just when he was drunk. But even when he’s sober. It’s the little things like leaving a dog biscuit on the floor it’s why didn’t you clean it up you lazy ****. And then he’s normal and nice again. I’m not sure what’s wrong with him.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe he is stressed about something?
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Amber1874)
My Dad is a very nice man, he’s always polite, works hard and loves us all dearly. But all of a sudden he shouts at me and my mum, swear a lot until we get upset. And then in 10 minutes he changes. He’s back to normal. At the start we thought it was just when he was drunk. But even when he’s sober. It’s the little things like leaving a dog biscuit on the floor it’s why didn’t you clean it up you lazy ****. And then he’s normal and nice again. I’m not sure what’s wrong with him.
Stress or anxiety, just see what’s up
Lala143
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If things get out of hand remember to call 0800 1111.
harrisong12
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree with black tea. Maybe he is stressed or has stuff on his mind? Maybe he just has moments where he thinks about things that are bothering him?
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He’s bipolar
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
tourettes
alzhemiers
schizophrenia

or maybe hes having a breakdown/midlife crisis?
Em.-.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by OR321)
He’s bipolar
Generally the bipolar mood changes aren’t that quick. Normally days to months of extreme lows followed by extreme highs (not just being happy but also acting irrationally).

How long has he been behaving like this? It could indicate a mental health problem or if it’s quite new, possibly a physical problem with his brain?
Amber1874
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Em.-.)
Generally the bipolar mood changes aren’t that quick. Normally days to months of extreme lows followed by extreme highs (not just being happy but also acting irrationally).

How long has he been behaving like this? It could indicate a mental health problem or if it’s quite new, possibly a physical problem with his brain?
Only a couple of months
Em.-.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Amber1874)
Only a couple of months
Okay, so this is not just his personality. There could be something that’s stressing him out at work or if not I’d advise that you encourage him to speak to someone and get help for a mental illness or possibly a physical thing affecting his brain. A medical professional would be able to give the best advice on this. Encourage him to see his GP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (136)
42.37%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (37)
11.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
21.18%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.59%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.92%

Watched Threads