The Student Room Group

Please rate my dress (another one)

Scroll to see replies

That's actually quite a nice formal and elegant dress, would be good for a formal dinner
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
That's actually quite a nice formal and elegant dress, would be good for a formal dinner

and not slutty?
Original post by Fruli
and not slutty?

Definitely not. It isn't revealing i.e. chest is covered, it has sleeves and is a good length.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Definitely not. It isn't revealing i.e. chest is covered, it has sleeves and is a good length.

Thank you.
think you posted another blue dress too? i kind prefer the other one ..
Fast fashion is the second largest cause of climate change. Have you not got a dress already you could wear?
Reply 7
Original post by antibody123
think you posted another blue dress too? i kind prefer the other one ..

I did! I got the dress, it was delivered yesterday.

I like it, but it's a bit long and I realised my coat is not long enough for the dress, so it ends up looking tacky having a knee length coat with long dress. I also realised I would need open shoes for it as all my court shoes are closed.

I would certainly wear that dress to one of the many formal dinners I have to attend over the course of a year.
The only down side for me is it is slightly longer than.i usually wear, I favour just above the knee, but that is just personal preference.
What are you thinking of teaming it with?
8/10.
Looks good and very good value.
But I'm wary of the zip breaking suddenly and think that the slit would look better at the front.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by londonmyst
8/10.
But I'm wary of the suddenly zip breaking and think that the slit would look better at the front.

I actually think that it looks more dressy with the slit at the back.
All my formal dresses with slits, are situated at the back.
Reply 11
Original post by barnetlad
Fast fashion is the second largest cause of climate change. Have you not got a dress already you could wear?

No I don't
Reply 12
Original post by londonmyst
8/10.
But I'm wary of the zip breaking suddenly and think that the slit would look better at the front.

I usually like front slits, but this is a conservative dinner I'm attending, so I'm trying to get a fine balance between glamorous and catchy, without looking slutty.
Reply 13
Original post by Karisa96
I would certainly wear that dress to one of the many formal dinners I have to attend over the course of a year.
The only down side for me is it is slightly longer than.i usually wear, I favour just above the knee, but that is just personal preference.
What are you thinking of teaming it with?

I’m going to team it with classic M&S court shoes, the beige ones. I have a chunky pearl statement necklace and then will wear pearl earrings. Do you think that will work?

This necklace to be precise: https://uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_2,acc_2.3/7847581300?skipRedirection=true
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Fruli
I’m going to team it with classic M&S court shoes, the beige ones. I have a statement chunky pearl statement necklace and then will wear pearl earrings. Do you think that will work?

Sounds good, without going over the top.
Are you going bare legged?
I always for evening wear will always wear a pair of stockings, in my view looks way better and far more professional.
Reply 15
Sounds good, without going over the top.
Are you going bare legged?
I always for evening wear will always wear a pair of stockings, in my view looks way better and far more professional.

I was thinking of going bear legged 🙈
2/10
Original post by Fruli
I was thinking of going bear legged 🙈

Okay no problem, will still look good I'm sure.
Have a great time.
Let me know how it goes. X
Reply 18
Okay no problem, will still look good I'm sure.
Have a great time.
Let me know how it goes. X

thank you. I'll keep you posted.

do you attend many formal dinners as part of work?
Original post by Fruli
thank you. I'll keep you posted.

do you attend many formal dinners as part of work?

Over the course of a year, yes I do.
Some more fun than others.
Have one coming up in the city in about 4, weeks time.
Have already bought my outfit and accessories in readiness.

Quick Reply

Latest