Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, When did you start your periods? watch

• View Poll Results: When did you start?
    Under 8?
    3.48%
    0%
    1.74%
    6.97%
    18.66%
    21.89%
    21.89%
    12.94%
    6.47%
    2.24%
    0.50%
    0.50%
    After 18?
    0.50%
    Haven't started yet.
    0.75%
    Do not remember
    1.49%

ReputationRep:
    16...but i was underweight

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    11. Summer before i started comp. On my holiday too! Was scared, i didn't know what it was. Mum never had 'that' talk with me, and i didn't quite understand/didn't pay attention at school.

ReputationRep:
    12. Came home from school one day, discovered it had started, started crying as I told my dad. His response? "Well done!"

ReputationRep:
    I was in year 7, so I was 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapyDish)
    12. Came home from school one day, discovered it had started, started crying as I told my dad. His response? "Well done!"
    Well done!? Hehe that's amusing, honestly, fathers :p:

ReputationRep:
    It was the 2nd July 2001... I was 12. I was also completely petrified. I was at school, didn't have anything with me and didn't really know what to do about it. I waited until Mum got home from work. She was REALLY excited about it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faery_Lights)
    She was REALLY excited about it. :rolleyes:
    Haha reminds me of when I was about 11, I was wearing a tight top and walked into the kitchen, my Mum said "Are you getting a bust?? You are, aren't you? " She was way excited. I was mortified :o:

ReputationRep:
    I was 12

ReputationRep:
    Pretty late - 14. The day before SATs. Not funny!

I thought stress is meant to delay your period, mine always comes on before an exam/something important.

ReputationRep:
    16th december 2002 10am, i was 12...started at school had to see the nurse and everything because i was not really sure if it was my period. then cried all the way through history because i thought my childhood was over, when i told my mum i cried again...hormones i think lol
    but periods were fine until i was about 16 when i started getting PMS and unbearable cramps/nausea etc

ReputationRep:
    13 or 14. I was so annoyed up until then because it seemed like everyone had it before me! Hahaha how dumb I was. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Except I was 14 and a half, almost 15 so when it finally came I was like, omg about time already :rolleyes:

And then I was like - I'm over it now, please make it go away :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    No-one has been as young as I was, I didn't even know what a period was. I was 9, I thought I had cut my bum or something
    I was 11, and my first thought was that! What made it worse was I was away on camp at the time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMiss_Sarahx)

i remember a week or so before it came I had terrible stomach craps and my friend and I were convinced I had appendicitis...finally realised once it had come that it must've just been period pain.
    i thought i had appendicitis too! i had the worst pains ive ever had on my first one, and was stuck in a car waiting for my sis who was late out of somewhere! i was traumatised but i think my mum guessed what was going on before i did. i was 12

ReputationRep:
    13. On holiday in a white bikini, no lie. Devastated.

ReputationRep:
    i was 11, started crying....the whole puberty thing no one actully told me about it....mine lasted for up to 10days....thought it was normal i was really fat then....
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I was 10. I had no idea what was happening to me.

ReputationRep:
    It was just before my 11th birthday.

ReputationRep:
    I was 10, mum was the same age when she got hers!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.