Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, When did you start your periods? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: When did you start?
    Under 8?
    3.48%
    0%
    1.74%
    6.97%
    18.66%
    21.89%
    21.89%
    12.94%
    6.47%
    2.24%
    0.50%
    0.50%
    After 18?
    0.50%
    Haven't started yet.
    0.75%
    Do not remember
    1.49%

ReputationRep:
    A couple of months before my 12th birthday.

ReputationRep:
    I was in French class, and I sneezed and yep.. that was it, I knew I'd come on.... I think I was 14 or 15.

ReputationRep:
    i was 12/13, i didnt tell my mum for months

ReputationRep:
    I was 13, at a drama rehearsal at school in december. I think I knew at the beginning of the session that it had finally come, but was engaged in a big argument with my best friend (later blamed on PMS!). I went to the loo at the end of the rehearsal and was like "****".

ReputationRep:
    I was 11. I know a girl who started at nine. My mother started at 14, and my best mate was 12.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend has just told me that she went to the doctor's today because she still hasn't started yet, she has to go for a blood test on Monday. She will be 17 in November. Is this really unusual? I was 13, I just assumed she'd started already!

ReputationRep:
    I started when I was 11 or 12 cant remember...9 damn that is so young...big responsibilty at that age....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    My best friend has just told me that she went to the doctor's today because she still hasn't started yet, she has to go for a blood test on Monday. She will be 17 in November. Is this really unusual? I was 13, I just assumed she'd started already!

ummm ....it happens I think....

ReputationRep:
    i was 12.

ReputationRep:
    i started at the age of 11 and my little sister started at the age of 7

ReputationRep:
    It was the first day of year 7 Honestly, i was so lost that i couldnt even find any toilets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asos89)
    i started at the age of 11 and my little sister started at the age of 7
    OMG :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad I'm male

ReputationRep:
    beginning of December of year 9, had turned 14 in the October. I spent most of year 8 thinking there was something wrong with me and that I wouldn't be able to have kids, because all the other girls except a couple, who were stick thin (I was a bit of a chubbster), had started. I remember being insanely jealous that the other girls could talk about their periods, and often felt left out. By the time i started it wasn't like a major thing anymore. I never told my mum, she just kind of realised over time when i kept nicking all her santary items, and blood stained underwear turned up in the wash.

i remember a week or so before it came I had terrible stomach craps and my friend and I were convinced I had appendicitis...finally realised once it had come that it must've just been period pain.

ReputationRep:
    When i was 16. Then they stopped, but came back today funnily enough

ReputationRep:

I was supposed to be going swimming with a friend that night, but I had to cancel. Periods suck.

ReputationRep:
    I think I was 9 when I had my first one, but I didn't have proper periods until I was about 11.
    Didn't know what it was at first.

ReputationRep:
    I was 12 years and 1 month. Started on a school trip Ended up using tampons pretty quickly as it was the summer and I didn't want to not be able to swim!

ReputationRep:
    I was 12. Quite early, but 9 is like woah! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I think I was eaither 14 or 15. Older than most of you people

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2008
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.