Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, When did you start your periods? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: When did you start?
    Under 8?
    3.48%
    0%
    1.74%
    6.97%
    18.66%
    21.89%
    21.89%
    12.94%
    6.47%
    2.24%
    0.50%
    0.50%
    After 18?
    0.50%
    Haven't started yet.
    0.75%
    Do not remember
    1.49%

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure was when I turned 13 or just a bit earlier - made me feel all adult like and grown up

ReputationRep:
    I was 11 and just started secondary school. Think i was the first of my friends to get it lol

ReputationRep:
    i was 9 and didn't have a clue what was happening and was too afraid to ask my mum.... :-( lol

ReputationRep:
    My Mum's friend at primary school was only 9 and she had to miss swimming once a month, and her form teacher would be really embarassing and say out loud in front of everyone "oh, is it your period dear?!" and she was apparantly really posh and old fashioned, poor girl went bright red!

ReputationRep:
    When I was 12 - June in year 7. I was really upset because I didn't want to have to grow up, and wished I could have stayed being a child for longer. I tried to hide it for a while (not easy when you share a room with your two triplet sisters lol) but my mum found out eventually and had a word with me about how to use sanitary pads.

ReputationRep:
    few weeks before i was 13.

ReputationRep:
    urm i think i was 13ish?
    my mum was away and i was stuck at home for a weekend with my dad and my brother. they were putting a bench together in the garden and i told myself that there was NO way i was going to tell them so i struggled on my own for the whole weekend.
    good times.

ReputationRep:
    I was 13 I think. One of my friends (16) still hasn't started. She's so lucky tbh!

ReputationRep:
    I was 15, and was getting slightly worried about it but then one day it came and now I wish I had appreciated the time when I didn't have it more!

ReputationRep:
    when i was 12, a month before i was to go on holiday... i found out when i woke up... i was soo scared..thought maybe i had an illness :p:.. i remember waking my mum up at 6 in the morning..never actually had the talk with her, she just talked abit about pads etc..

anyone here hate periods!!!!.. i hate them soo much! lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    I was 12 years and 2 days old. At first I was too scared to tell my Mum so I kept it quiet until the next morning and then I cried and told her and she was lovely.

My younger sister is 14 next week and hasn't started yet. Wish I had had 2 more years without them. They made me feel like I'd grown up too quickly

ReputationRep:
    13/14, probably 14 I think, got it in the summer holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    No-one has been as young as I was, I didn't even know what a period was. I was 9, I thought I had cut my bum or something
    Bingo. I started mine at 8. I knew fully well what was going on and it was really embarrassing cos I was the 1st one in the class. Horrible when I used to have to go down the corridor at lunch time (which your weren't supposed to go down) and get asked why I was down there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm shocked at how many people didn't know/were scared.

They should teach it more...

ReputationRep:
    Few days after my 12th birthday.

On the day of my party.

Which was at splashdown.

WORST DAY EVER.

I had to sit at the side, told my mum I felt sick...

tho now I rarely get them /:s suspected hormonal problems, should really get that sorted...

ReputationRep:
    I was 15. I didn't want it to start and I got really upset. It lasted 3 weeks and was really heavy and painful. I hated the damn things. Glad I don't get them now [Pill stop my periods before anyone says anything]

ReputationRep:
    I was 10. People are always really shocked when it comes up in conversation, haha.

ReputationRep:
    age 11, first day of year 7 :s

ReputationRep:
    I was 11. The friday that year 6 SATS finished. What a joy.

ReputationRep:
    Poll added

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2008
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.