Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, When did you start your periods? watch

• View Poll Results: When did you start?
    Under 8?
    3.48%
    0%
    1.74%
    6.97%
    18.66%
    21.89%
    21.89%
    12.94%
    6.47%
    2.24%
    0.50%
    0.50%
    After 18?
    0.50%
    Haven't started yet.
    0.75%
    Do not remember
    1.49%

ReputationRep:
    11. It was during my family's holiday somewhere and we had a villa with a swimming pool and it was really annoying 'coz I couldn't swim in it

ReputationRep:
    A few months before my 18th birthday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    A few months before my 18th birthday.
    Wow, I would swap when I started for when you did.

ReputationRep:
    I was 10. It was horrible in primary school... You had to go to the staff toilets, and were always questioned why you were there. It made me feel embarrassed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Wow, I would swap when I started for when you did.
    Retrospectively I see that, but there was a lot of worry and anxiety involved before it arrived! I was starting to think that there was something really wrong with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    Retrospectively I see that, but there was a lot of worry and anxiety involved before it arrived! I was starting to think that there was something really wrong with me.
    I have heard healthy is anything between 8-18.

ReputationRep:
    i was 13, literally a few minutes before new year

ReputationRep:
    12 and a half... the summer before going to Year 8

ReputationRep:
    14. Laaaate.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a reason why periods seem to start when important things are happening? Theres been a fair few on their birthdays, school trips and on first days of school!!!
    I had a funeral the day mine started, just after 2000 new years. They always choose the wrong time to start!!!

ReputationRep:
    I started on the first day of year 10, so I was 14.

ReputationRep:
    I was 12 when I first started and the latest started today!!! :-( I hate periods so, so much! Mine are always so heavy and painful, it sucks!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I started just before I turned 14 on Xmas Day 2002... they then went away for 3 years when I was 16 and have come back now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostdoll)
    I was 10. It was horrible in primary school... You had to go to the staff toilets, and were always questioned why you were there. It made me feel embarrassed.
    Me too, I had just turned 10, I got caught in the adult toilets by the headmaster who was not in the know- it made me cry a alot, he then ran off to get my female teacher hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natsing)
    Me too, I had just turned 10, I got caught in the adult toilets by the headmaster who was not in the know- it made me cry a alot, he then ran off to get my female teacher hehe
    same age for me in school too

ReputationRep:
    lol oh I remember it was the first day of year 8 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I was 11, a few months before my twelth birthday

ReputationRep:
    I started mine at 10, a couple of days before summer holidays

ReputationRep:
    I was in year 6, so about aged 10 I think.

ReputationRep:
    it was about a month after my 13th birthday... it went on for 2 weeks! i didnt even tell my mum

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.