The Student Room Group

What happens with me?

Hi.

I've been living in Northern Ireland for 14 years now, but I'm from Poland. I'm out of education from 2016 now and in part-time job. About 2 years ago I went to Poland for a year and came back. I want to apply for a maintenance loan and study in London, will I be able to apply through SFE? Or do I have to apply through the Irish one? It sucks so much, that Irish people only get 6,000, while english people get 11,000 that's half of the money.
Original post by flowersformyt
Hi.

I've been living in Northern Ireland for 14 years now, but I'm from Poland. I'm out of education from 2016 now and in part-time job. About 2 years ago I went to Poland for a year and came back. I want to apply for a maintenance loan and study in London, will I be able to apply through SFE? Or do I have to apply through the Irish one? It sucks so much, that Irish people only get 6,000, while english people get 11,000 that's half of the money.

Hi there,

Can you confirm if you are currently residing in Northern Ireland?

Thanks, Erin
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

Can you confirm if you are currently residing in Northern Ireland?

Thanks, Erin

Yes, I'm in part time job since 2018.
Original post by flowersformyt
Yes, I'm in part time job since 2018.

In that case you will be required to apply with Student Finance Northern Ireland as you are ordinarily domiciled there.

Thanks, Erin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending