I don’t feel like love exists Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Am I the only one? I feel like if we have crushes on people or get married, date etc we think we are in love with them but we aren’t (infatuation). If we are young and in our teens and we date and have crushes especially we don’t understand what love really is. I think we are just infatuated with the person and aren’t really in love with them at all, Why do I feel like people just like using other people, they get what they want from them and then they leave? Some relationships obviously last, but I still don’t believe they are in love.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You've never been in love so you don't understand how others can be. You'll change your mind when you experience it for yourself. It's a wonderful thing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
You've never been in love so you don't understand how others can be. You'll change your mind when you experience it for yourself. It's a wonderful thing.
How do you know that I have never been in love? Doesn’t say anywhere on my post. I can still feel like love doesn’t exist even after being in love, I would always be thinking “do they actually love me? Or are they using me?”

You are right though, I have had crushes and if in the rare case they like me back or I like someone because I found out they liked me or someone has a crush on me I would always be wondering if they are using me because I am vulnerable.

I don’t feel like I will ever feel like anyone will love me like that in the future though, I am not exactly good looking and don’t exactly have a good personality.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do you know that I have never been in love? Doesn’t say anywhere on my post. I can still feel like love doesn’t exist even after being in love, I would always be thinking “do they actually love me? Or are they using me?”

You are right though, I have had crushes and if in the rare case they like me back or I like someone because I found out they liked me or someone has a crush on me I would always be wondering if they are using me because I am vulnerable.

I don’t feel like I will ever feel like anyone will love me like that in the future though, I am not exactly good looking and don’t exactly have a good personality.
If you think as though a person may be using you then your quite insecure
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I’m sure you’ll find someone
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Your post made it clear without you needing to say it: because someone who has truly experienced love wouldn't deny its existence.

When you're in love with someone, and loved in turn, you don't worry about things like this. You intrinsically know that they're devoted and only want to support you. Think of how a mother unconditionally loves and fights for her child: it doesn't matter if they have a deformity, a physical or mental illness, or look like they hit every branch of the ugly tree - she still loves that child regardless. Truly being in love with another person is the same. It doesn't matter how they look, that they've personality flaws, or if they've done bad things in their life. You still love them and remain sexually attracted to them anyway.
Anonymous #1
Your post made it clear without you needing to say it: because someone who has truly experienced love wouldn't deny its existence.

When you're in love with someone, and loved in turn, you don't worry about things like this. You intrinsically know that they're devoted and only want to support you. Think of how a mother unconditionally loves and fights for her child: it doesn't matter if they have a deformity, a physical or mental illness, or look like they hit every branch of the ugly tree - she still loves that child regardless. Truly being in love with another person is the same. It doesn't matter how they look, that they've personality flaws, or if they've done bad things in their life. You still love them and remain sexually attracted to them anyway.
It’s funny how you used the mother example, my mother doesn’t allow me to become independent and is overprotective because I was sick when I was younger and slightly disabled and this is a long term illness, and there’s no cure, and even though I can manage my issues and have to manage my issues at my big age (adolescence/adulthood) she’s still willing to take care of me like she did when I was young.

We’ll see about romantic love in a few years time then. I need to learn to grow up and manage my issues first, and I do do a lot now for myself despite my disabilities and being weak and vulnerable due to my big age and life after puberty is very different compared to life as a baby or child. One could argue I didn’t have a childhood which is why I am like a child now, but also due to my illness.
Anonymous #1

What about people who are asexual? (I’m not, Interestingly I am heterosexual, I have had crushes before) Are you going to try and convince them that love does exist? Are you going to say they are crazy?
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What about people who are asexual? (I’m not, Interestingly I am heterosexual, I have had crushes before) Are you going to try and convince them that love does exist? Are you going to say they are crazy?
Asexual people simply have little to no sexual attraction for others. It's got little to do with love.
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People who are asexual and aromantic are still capable of feeling love. They just express it differently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (364)
59%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.35%
No- I want it (175)
28.36%
No- I don't want it (45)
7.29%

Watched Threads