The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

UCL or Leicester NatSci???

So I've heard back from all 5 of my UCAS choices, and both UCL and the university of Leicester have given me conditional offers for natural sciences. But I can't decide which I want to make my firm🤕.

At first I was so excited to see an offer from UCL seeing as they have a very good reputation and they're quite high up in the ranks. But after my interview at Leicester and seeing how much broader their course is, I'm having second thoughts. The allowed subject combinations at UCL that I can do with my A Levels aren't exactly what I would like to do, when the modules at Leicester all interest me a lot.

There's so many things to consider, I love the idea of living in central London going to such a highly regarded university. But the only thing that makes me consider Leicester more is the course, (oh and the fact I can do a year abroad without having to be on the MSci).

Anyone got any advice???????
Hmmm a tough decision. I think look at other factors. Make like a checklist. So look at if the uni succes rate, the rankings in league tables, the city life and other factors. Just tick the box if u think Leicester or ucl has it.
Original post by Imastudenthelpme
Hmmm a tough decision. I think look at other factors. Make like a checklist. So look at if the uni succes rate, the rankings in league tables, the city life and other factors. Just tick the box if u think Leicester or ucl has it.

Thanks for the idea, I'll try it when looking into them more !
Original post by Caitlinwarren
So I've heard back from all 5 of my UCAS choices, and both UCL and the university of Leicester have given me conditional offers for natural sciences. But I can't decide which I want to make my firm🤕.

At first I was so excited to see an offer from UCL seeing as they have a very good reputation and they're quite high up in the ranks. But after my interview at Leicester and seeing how much broader their course is, I'm having second thoughts. The allowed subject combinations at UCL that I can do with my A Levels aren't exactly what I would like to do, when the modules at Leicester all interest me a lot.

There's so many things to consider, I love the idea of living in central London going to such a highly regarded university. But the only thing that makes me consider Leicester more is the course, (oh and the fact I can do a year abroad without having to be on the MSci).

Anyone got any advice???????

Hi, Im just wondering which uni you ended up going to and how you’re finding it at the moment? I’m having trouble deciding rn as well!
Course is in many situations for more important than Uni.

UCL has the glamour of being in London, but honestly thats about it. Its also expensive for student lliving.
Leicester is a perfectly sensible Uni and if the course suits you better, then that may be the right Uni for you.

Think carefully and don't be bullied into accepting UCL if that isnt what you want - 4 years is a very long time to be at the wrong Uni.

Latest