The Student Room Group

Bunac Work America 2020

Hi , Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure well else it might belong.
I've started the application process for the BUNAC work america summer programme but I am unsure if I should proceed...

1) There seems to be very little reviews and the few that exist either call it the best thing every or hell on earth
2) All the job adverts are requesting you work 40-50 hours which sounds exhausting and I'm worried I'll just be taken advantage of?
3) I have tattoos and old self harm scars on my arms and legs , I'm concerned this will hinder my job application as I know Americans are a bit more Conservative with these things. I don't know how I should approach the topic in my application or if i say nothing and they might send me home once i get there? They can all be covered with clothing barr 1 small love heart on my hand

Has anyone been on work america or something similar and has some advice or suggestions?
TIA :smile:
I’ve also applied for work America!I’ve seen good reviews however don’t actually know anyone who’s done it personally so just gonna go for it.The only issue I’m having at the minute is the lack of jobs available through Bunac and the one job that really did appeal to me was male only due to the dorm housing which is real disappointing.If you do go ahead with it let me know how you get on...
hi, did either of you end up going with work america? i appreciate covid may have derailed your plans so no worries if not but i'm looking to apply for next summer (2023) and i'm having the same issues - very few reviews, not a whole lot of information to go off of before paying the £100 deposit, etc. BUNAC is a very reputable company so i'm not worried about getting scammed, i just want to know if people found it enjoyable, what their experience was like, if the cost/salary was worthwhile, and so forth! thanks so much for your help :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by franklyfruity
hi, did either of you end up going with work america? i appreciate covid may have derailed your plans so no worries if not but i'm looking to apply for next summer (2023) and i'm having the same issues - very few reviews, not a whole lot of information to go off of before paying the £100 deposit, etc. BUNAC is a very reputable company so i'm not worried about getting scammed, i just want to know if people found it enjoyable, what their experience was like, if the cost/salary was worthwhile, and so forth! thanks so much for your help :smile:

Hey! Did anyone manage to get back to you? I am also applying for camp and I am just wondering if you’ve managed to get in contact with anyone?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending