MSc Behavioural Science at LSE 2020 Watch

kazzaaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m about to start my masters application to study behavioural science at LSE. I was wondering if anyone else has applied/ is planning on doing so? And if so, a little bit about your background/ future plans?
lse2020
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, I am also in the process of applying for the behavioural science program.

Have you found any information/reviews from others who have already started?
kazzaaa
Rep:
?
Hey! No I haven’t managed to yet, have you? What is your interest in the course ?
samir3322
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied on the 29th of November but haven't gotten a reply yet. Transcript hasn't dropped either.
kazzaaa
Rep:
?
I guess they're processing undergrads at the moment. Well done for getting it done early tho and good luck! How did you find writing the statement of purpose? I'm currently procrastinating
samir3322
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was a bit tricky I didn't know exactly what to talk about in the section on related work experience since I'm an economics major working in a startup incubator. I don't think it was the best but hopefully good enough! I think start with something and you'll find the words come quickly.
glenwilljam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey all! I also applied for MSc Behavioural Science and received my ID on 5th December. My transcript hasn't dropped yet, I think that the department is still processing undergrad applications. I'm hoping for the best. My personal statement was quite long, but it all poured out of me the second I started writing it. The words will come naturally once you get to writing it. Hope that we'll all get to meet in LSE this October!
Zeconomics
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kazzaaa)
I’m about to start my masters application to study behavioural science at LSE. I was wondering if anyone else has applied/ is planning on doing so? And if so, a little bit about your background/ future plans?
Hey guys! I applied to this program around November 10 and received an offer on December 17.

I'm Canadian and studied poli-sci in undergrad. I subsequently studied law and practiced for a couple years before quitting. I'm interested in behavioural science and its application to law and public policy. I hope to eventually pursue a PhD after gaining some research experience!

If anyone has any questions about applying to the program, just let me know!
lse2020
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zeconomics)
Hey guys! I applied to this program around November 10 and received an offer on December 17.

I'm Canadian and studied poli-sci in undergrad. I subsequently studied law and practiced for a couple years before quitting. I'm interested in behavioural science and its application to law and public policy. I hope to eventually pursue a PhD after gaining some research experience!

Congrats!

Trying to get my PS done ASAP!
glenwilljam
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Congrats!

Did you have to apply through UCAS or just through the LSE application system?
Zeconomics
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lse2020)
Congrats!

Trying to get my PS done ASAP!
Thank you so much! Good luck with your application!
Zeconomics
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by glenwilljam)
Congrats!

Did you have to apply through UCAS or just through the LSE application system?
Thank you! I applied through LSE's regular application system. I think UCAS is only for undergrad programs, but I'm not British so I might be mistaken?
glenwilljam
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you! I applied through LSE's regular application system. I think UCAS is only for undergrad programs, but I'm not British so I might be mistaken?
Great alright. I was thinking the same thing and was concerned that my application did not go through or something because of UCAS. How long did it take you to hear back from them?
Zeconomics
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Great alright. I was thinking the same thing and was concerned that my application did not go through or something because of UCAS. How long did it take you to hear back from them?
Around 5 weeks or so? Not too bad.
kaaag96
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
On my graduate application portal, a new thing popped up under the documentation section around 6 weeks after I received my ID: "UKBA progression check." Does anyone else have this on their portal or know what this might mean?
glenwilljam
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There was a FOI request about last year’s numbers (see the link below). Only around 16.5% of applicants were given an offer for the MSc Behavioural Science course. It seems like the programme is becoming quite popular. I wonder what the numbers for this year are like.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...coming-1519715
kazzaaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
There was a FOI request about last year’s numbers (see the link below). Only around 16.5% of applicants were given an offer for the MSc Behavioural Science course. It seems like the programme is becoming quite popular. I wonder what the numbers for this year are like.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...coming-1519715
Thanks for sharing. It seems to be quite a lower offer rate compared to the rest. Hopefully they allow more space given it's the second year of running the course.
kazzaaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago

Congratulations!! That sounds like it will be an interesting focus - good luck. How long did you spend writing your personal statement?
Charis!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey there! I applied and received my offer on just about the exact same days as you. Look forward to meeting you in September I'm a third year finance major student studying in the UK. I'm more interested in the behavioural aspects of finance and economics, so I decided to give Behavioural Science a shot. Hopefully it takes me to someplace good!I spent a few days thinking and writing up the personal statement; it ended up being quite a long-winded essay of me just trying to portray myself in the best light possible. The structure was something like my academics-my (limited) internship and volunteering experiences- how the LSE is a great school and the school of my dreams (...)I also briefly quoted from one of the books in the recommended readings.Good luck to those who are applying!
kazzaaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Charis!)
Hey there! I applied and received my offer on just about the exact same days as you. Look forward to meeting you in September I'm a third year finance major student studying in the UK. I'm more interested in the behavioural aspects of finance and economics, so I decided to give Behavioural Science a shot. Hopefully it takes me to someplace good!I spent a few days thinking and writing up the personal statement; it ended up being quite a long-winded essay of me just trying to portray myself in the best light possible. The structure was something like my academics-my (limited) internship and volunteering experiences- how the LSE is a great school and the school of my dreams (...)I also briefly quoted from one of the books in the recommended readings.Good luck to those who are applying!
Congrats! Sounds interesting, I'm sure it'll take you some place good and hopefully (if I get my act together and write the damn thing) see you in September.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?