The Student Room Group

MSc Behavioural Science at LSE 2020

Scroll to see replies

Just received a conditional offer today!!!! They asked for a Second Upper and IELTS with 7.0. Not a bad offer!! See you all in September 😁😁😁 So excited aaaaaaaaaaa
Original post by anonymous477
Hi glenwilljam! Congratulations!! Did they ask you for just a 2:1 or a specific average (66% or 3.5 for example)? Thanks!

Thanks so much!!! Nope they just asked for a Second Upper Honours
Reply 22
Hi! Did anyone here also apply for the MSc Psychology of Economic Life? I can't seem to find a thread on that specific course and Behavioural Science seems to be the most similar.
I sent in my application on 18th January and received my LSE ID on 6th February.
Thanks!
Original post by kazzaaa
Congratulations!! That sounds like it will be an interesting focus - good luck. How long did you spend writing your personal statement?

Thank you so much! I spent more time on the personal statement than I’d like to admit, probably between 20-30 hours? I applied to other London programs and did not spend the same amount of time on the others. I just know LSE puts a lot of weight on the personal statement so I gave it my all.
Original post by Charis!
Hey there! I applied and received my offer on just about the exact same days as you. Look forward to meeting you in September :smile:I'm a third year finance major student studying in the UK. I'm more interested in the behavioural aspects of finance and economics, so I decided to give Behavioural Science a shot. Hopefully it takes me to someplace good!I spent a few days thinking and writing up the personal statement; it ended up being quite a long-winded essay of me just trying to portray myself in the best light possible. The structure was something like my academics-my (limited) internship and volunteering experiences- how the LSE is a great school and the school of my dreams (...)I also briefly quoted from one of the books in the recommended readings.Good luck to those who are applying!

Congrats Charis! Looking forward to meeting you in September :smile:
Reply 25
Hi, I was wondering how long your personal statement was?
Original post by hhj9595
Hi, I was wondering how long your personal statement was?

Hi! I made it as long as I physically could without going over the requirements. One page double-sided, single spaced, font 12 and times new roman.
Reply 27
Original post by Zeconomics
Hi! I made it as long as I physically could without going over the requirements. One page double-sided, single spaced, font 12 and times new roman.

I love the accuracy of this answer :biggrin:
Original post by kazzaaa
I love the accuracy of this answer :biggrin:

I’m flattered :smile:
I am wondering if anyone considers the Behaviour Change program at UCL? https://www.ucl.ac.uk/pals/study/masters/msc-behaviour-change - I think it is also quite interesting!

Also I would love to know from which background you are coming and what are your motivations to do Behavioural Science? I am coming from a economics/ business background - do you have had work experience in Behavioural Science?

Even though I would love to work in Behavioural Science later on, I am also considering doing a psychology graduate degree instead of Behavioural Science/ Change and/or doing my PhD in Behavioural Science (as I did economics, I feel I am missing some psychological foundations...)
Reply 30
Original post by linalinas
I am wondering if anyone considers the Behaviour Change program at UCL? https://www.ucl.ac.uk/pals/study/masters/msc-behaviour-change - I think it is also quite interesting!

Also I would love to know from which background you are coming and what are your motivations to do Behavioural Science? I am coming from a economics/ business background - do you have had work experience in Behavioural Science?

Even though I would love to work in Behavioural Science later on, I am also considering doing a psychology graduate degree instead of Behavioural Science/ Change and/or doing my PhD in Behavioural Science (as I did economics, I feel I am missing some psychological foundations...)

I applied but got rejected. One thing to look out for is that although the text box for personal statement only allows 400 words or so, there's actually an option to submit a microsoft word version it (which doesn't have that strict a word limit) LOL. I only realised that after I got rejected so...I guess it's fate haha
Reply 31
Congrats Charis! Looking forward to meeting you in September :smile:

Can't wait!!

Also I was trying to reply to you in the previous post but it got posted as a new comment. Guess you still saw it anyway :P
Reply 32
Original post by mkb10
Hi! Did anyone here also apply for the MSc Psychology of Economic Life? I can't seem to find a thread on that specific course and Behavioural Science seems to be the most similar.
I sent in my application on 18th January and received my LSE ID on 6th February.
Thanks!

Hey did you get through to this course? It's my 2nd choice after Behavior Science course. I was wondering what the course and career opportunities would be like.. Thanks
Reply 33
Hey guys! I applied to this program around November 10 and received an offer on December 17.

I'm Canadian and studied poli-sci in undergrad. I subsequently studied law and practiced for a couple years before quitting. I'm interested in behavioural science and its application to law and public policy. I hope to eventually pursue a PhD after gaining some research experience!

If anyone has any questions about applying to the program, just let me know!

Hey!

Congrats! I imagine you've started your studies at LSE by now. I'm not sure if you're still active on TSR but I'm planning to apply for MSc in Behavioral Science at LSE this year and just wanted to ask if you can answer some questions I have about the application process.

Thanks!
Hey! I'm an economic student from India, I'm looking to apply for 2022, any tips, advice on how to go about it from now on? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending