TSR Goodreads Reading Challenge 2020: 52 books in 52 weeks!

Watch
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
IT'S 2020! :woo: :groovy: :party:
_________________________________________________________________________________________

The annual Goodreads Reading Challenge extravaganza has begun!
For those that don't know each year Goodreads runs a Reading Challenge and we follow along on TSR with the 52 books in 52 weeks challenge :danceboy: Basically aiming to read 1 book per week throughout the year.

The great thing with this challenge is that you can set your own rules / goals. You can set your own number of books if it's too high or low. Any method of reading counts as well e.g. e-reader, audiobook, phone etc. :yeah:

Of course the overall aim is to enjoy it Hopefully TSR can get some of y'all involved :grouphugs:

Tagging some past participants / users who may be interested

Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 year ago
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Really good idea
My aim is to read 26 this year
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Managed 100 out of 100 last year (mostly manga, some light novels); same target this time around. Currently two ahead of schedule, which is where I like to be. :blow:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Aiming for 20 this year did 18 last year might push it up to 25 if I go over though.
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
Really good idea
My aim is to read 26 this year
Good luck :gthumb:

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Managed 100 out of 100 last year (mostly manga, some light novels); same target this time around. Currently two ahead of schedule, which is where I like to be. :blow:
ooh nice, that's loads! good luck
(my bookshelf wishes I could read 100 books)
username4950464
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i’m gonna aim for 52 😊
currently 3/4 through book1
Last edited by username4950464; 1 year ago
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did 30 last year and aiming for the same this year, although my first book is 850 pages long!
username4950464
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
finished book1 😊
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Happy new year everyone

I’m going to attempt to read 52 books this year, I don’t think I’ve ever read that many books?!

Glaz interested in joining? 😂
username2998742
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hazelly)
Happy new year everyone

I’m going to attempt to read 52 books this year, I don’t think I’ve ever read that many books?!

Cba to set myself a target I'll just read however many I get to :rofl:
Justmac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Last year I read 73 books whilst working and studying part time for my MA. I don't know if I'll be able to read as many this year because of my diss but I'm going to aim high and set a target of 80 books
Angury
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Finished my first book of the year on the 1st of January (started reading it in November last year ) which was for my dissertation but gonna count it anyway because I read it cover to cover.

Will aim for 52 books this year as well - I've never managed to reach that target or even get close. Last year I read 42 books but in my defence most of them were quite long.. is that excusable?

Might pick up The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas later today for my second book of the year.

Happy reading everyone.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Going to aim for 100, though not sure if I’d include university textbooks or not. At some point I would have read them 100% but maybe not if we skip some topics.
But extra books for my degree like “how to write essays” should count.
The 100 will mostly be nice easy fiction books anyway, from the library, finished book 1 already - new Harry hole crime thriller. Will probably also throw in some easy re-reads, all the Dan browns for example.
bfm.mcdermott
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My Goodreads Reading Challenge is set to 50 books but I hope to read more than that. I don't want to make the mistake of putting my goal too high or I'll end up reading for the sake of it rather than for enjoyment.

I've read one book so far this year: Circe by Madeline Miller (rated 5 stars)
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My aim is 100 - 125, depending on how much free time I have this year!

I've just finished my 3rd book for the year, hoping to pad it a little more in case I have less time in later months
Nalk1573
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Qasem Soleimani: Why I Faked My Death Kindle Edition
by Robert Johnson (Author)

is added to my reading list
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by Justmac)
Last year I read 73 books whilst working and studying part time for my MA. I don't know if I'll be able to read as many this year because of my diss but I'm going to aim high and set a target of 80 books
I wish you luck :yep: do you prefer to read one book at a time or a few simultaneously? doubt I'd ever manage that many :nah:
(Original post by ellaswords)
finished book1 😊
:party:

(Original post by Hazelly)
Happy new year everyone

Noice! I think the key is picking books you think you'll enjoy to read :yes:
I haven't read that amount of books in a year either :nah: I think my highest was 35 on one year but that was when I was doing my level 2 course at college and had quite a bit of free time :hide:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glaz)
Cba to set myself a target I'll just read however many I get to :rofl:
I did that last year to be honest
(Original post by Angury)
Finished my first book of the year on the 1st of January (started reading it in November last year ) which was for my dissertation but gonna count it anyway because I read it cover to cover.

Will aim for 52 books this year as well - I've never managed to reach that target or even get close. Last year I read 42 books but in my defence most of them were quite long.. is that excusable?

Might pick up The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas later today for my second book of the year.

Happy reading everyone.
happy reading to you to 42 books is awesome! :awesome: :hugs:
maybe you could alternate books this year? - like you could read a long book and say once you've finished that one you could read a shorter one. Or depending where you read you could take the shorter book out and about (e.g. read on the train if you do) and then keep the longer book at home.

(Original post by Catherine1973)
Going to aim for 100, though not sure if I’d include university textbooks or not. At some point I would have read them 100% but maybe not if we skip some topics.
But extra books for my degree like “how to write essays” should count.
The 100 will mostly be nice easy fiction books anyway, from the library, finished book 1 already - new Harry hole crime thriller. Will probably also throw in some easy re-reads, all the Dan browns for example.
If it were me I'd definitely include the university books :yep: (but hey you can make your own rules )
I have a couple of rereads on my list as well :five:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by shadowdweller)
My aim is 100 - 125, depending on how much free time I have this year!

I've just finished my 3rd book for the year, hoping to pad it a little more in case I have less time in later months
Gosh that's high good luck :gthumb:
out of interest have you read the Tyrant's Tomb by Rick Riordan yet? :awesome:
(next thing to read once I've finished checking all my personal statement stuff :excited:)
(Original post by Nalk1573)
Qasem Soleimani: Why I Faked My Death Kindle Edition
by Robert Johnson (Author)

is added to my reading list
hope you enjoy reading it
Justmac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
I wish you luck :yep: do you prefer to read one book at a time or a few simultaneously? doubt I'd ever manage that many :nah:
I nearly always read one book at a time, unless I'm reading one fiction book and one academic book for uni work or whatever. I think i'm quite lucky in the sense that i read fairly quickly and can easily demolish a 300 page book in a day.

I prefer paper backs too. I wear glasses and I find that reading that much on a screen gives me a migraine.

I wouldn't worry about picking a really high number. Maybe don't pick a number of books, just make a list of ones you want to read?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads