The Student Room Group

Raf basic training

Im in my last year of secondary school and I’ve just sent my application off in hope to join the Raf as Personnel support. I would just like to know anyone’s opinion on the basic training and how hard it was and what type of day to day activity’s happened?
Reply 1
It will take years for you to join the actual Raf so I wouldn't worry just yet. Basic training is very physically enduring. My brother is an officer in the Raf, and im a cadet so I have a good idea of what it's like. You will do all sorts, but mostly focusing on physical things like fieldcraft and fitness.
Reply 2
Original post by Ttttttttxxxx
Im in my last year of secondary school and I’ve just sent my application off in hope to join the Raf as Personnel support. I would just like to know anyone’s opinion on the basic training and how hard it was and what type of day to day activity’s happened?

Take a look at the armed forces careers forum. There are literally hundreds of threads talking about RTC, all the steps, and how people found it, including from some very recent attendees.

Edit: this has now been moved to that forum, so take a look at the other threads here.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Miurx
It will take years for you to join the actual Raf so I wouldn't worry just yet. Basic training is very physically enduring. My brother is an officer in the Raf, and im a cadet so I have a good idea of what it's like. You will do all sorts, but mostly focusing on physical things like fieldcraft and fitness.

Average application is 9 months, so no, it won't "take years".
And no offence, but your cadet experience does not mean you know what it's like.
Original post by Drewski
Take a look at the armed forces careers forum. There are literally hundreds of threads talking about RTC, all the steps, and how people found it, including from some very recent attendees.

Edit: this has now been moved to that forum, so take a look at the other threads here.

Can u send me the link to the armed forces forum
Reply 5
Can u send me the link to the armed forces forum

You're already in it.

Hi

Have you had a look at the video diaries from phase one training at Halton?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL094FE915BF943C59

And

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL768DD820B41AAA32

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest