The Student Room Group

Hot and cold man. Need advice?

So here goes. I was 19 at the time but now I'm 20. I met this guy let's call Jeff back in March last year in a club. Jeff is 30. We hit it off and started texting for a few weeks before he dropped of the face of the earth. I left it a couple of months then text him, we started talking for 2 months straight, eventually started sexting and met up. Before this when we started talking again he told me that he had just gotten out of a 5 year relationship. We slept together and talked. After that we spoke but it dwindled on my part cos I felt like I was the one putting in all the effort. He text me after a week to see how I was. After that we haven't talked for 3 months. I developed quite strong feelings for him during this time and feeling sad and depressed drunkenly deleted his number so that I wouldn't be tempting to text him. 3 months passed and I seemed to be doing ok. However a couple days ago, just as I started feeling depressed and nostalgic again on New year's he reached out to wish my happy new years. I guess what I want to know is should I try and reach out to him again and start up the endless cycle or leave him be?

Part of me hopes that he was feeling the same way or even waiting for me to text him. But I know that's just wistful thinking on my part, but what do I do?
(edited 4 years ago)
Leave it. You already know how things play out.

Blocking his number might help you to move on.
Reply 2
Forget it. He's way too old for you anyway. Plenty more appropriate fish..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending