Turn on thread page Beta

how to become a pop artist? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbee)
    I assume you cannot sing.
    False, i can, i just look up to Shayne Ward for inspiration, he is just sensational.

ReputationRep:
    yes you're welcome for my advise...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sk8ter_girl)
    So, i've just finished Upper 6/ Sixth Form, waiting for A-level grades to come out in August. I'm planning to go to Uni in the UK. On top of that i have a passion for singing ever since i was 8 or so. I have performed with the school choir, at the school's talent show, earning 2nd place twice for best female solo. But i would like to take my talent to another level. For that i need your advice. What do i have to do to gradually become famous? ( i will be settling in the UK). Do i do music gigs and concerts whilst at Uni and sign a contract with a record label that agrees to recognise my talent? Do i start writing my own songs?:confused:
    Thank you
    One more thing do you think it would be a goos idea to post myself on youtube?
    Do you have any singing grades? Getting 2nd place in a school talent show (in a category) is nothing amazing - i bet there arent even many to pick from. I'm not trying to bum you down, I'm trying to say that the music business is EXTREMELY hard to break in to - you need lots of talent AND lots of luck AND good connections. Having said this, you might be the next Whitney houston!

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Doubtful, if she aspires to Avril Lavigne and Shayne Ward...

ReputationRep:
    My advice is try and have fun with it and treat it like a semi-serious hobby, if you get stressed out trying to impress A&Rs and producers then that can't be good for your health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinaturnerbunsenburner)
    so does this person.....or at least she thinks she does.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yqVOIWgtu50

no offence or anything, but unless you post recording/ video, we're not going to know, are we?

imo, she's cool. Nice to see someone putting Cowell straight and sticking one up his bum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeAndBubbles)
    imo, she's cool. Nice to see someone putting Cowell straight and sticking one up his bum.
    My God she is soo rude....
    she even scared me

ReputationRep:
    what is meant by 'hooks' in song writing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk8ter_girl)
    what is meant by 'hooks' in song writing?
    Oh hi there, Up Avril!!!

I'm not sure, I don't study songs really. But say Beyonce's song, Crazy In Love... o' oh' o' oh noonoo. Well it's kinda catchy and starts off with the chorus and not say verse then chorus. I think the chorus is what people sing along to in a song. Also some songs might start with a great intro that is a guitar. For example, Day Tripper by the Beatles starts with a guitar intro, and in fact is probably THE most recognisable guitar solo in pop music.

ReputationRep:
    The hook is the chorus and usually follows each verse. Also, the hook might sometimes go before the first verse, in which case it acts as an intro

ReputationRep:
    They call it the hook, because it's like a hook catching a fish. So the record companies are hooking you and you buy the record, hehe.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.