Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok I'm fed up of spending money in Subway all the time so I've started being sensible and making my own subs at home. they taste pretty good and work out a hell of alot cheaper but there's still one thing missing; hearty italian bread!

I've tried using all sorts of deli rolls and ciabatta things from Sainsburys but they don't come close...

anyone know of a comparable replacement short of going into Subway and trying to buy bread off the staff?

ReputationRep:
    i know its not italian but use a baguette..will be very nice!

ReputationRep:
    You can buy 'submarine' rolls in supermarkets, last time I saw them was in M&S but I'm not really looking.

'submarine' 'sub'
    gettit?

ReputationRep:
    ^^ yeah the m&s submarine rolls are nice.

Where can I find anything that tastes like honey oat bread though?!

ReputationRep:
    you can get submarine rolls in Tesco too. but the M&S ones are nicer

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like an interesting challenge. Have you tried baking it yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeesKnees)

Where can I find anything that tastes like honey oat bread though?!
    All the bread at subway is the same, they just roll in in different stuff before cooking it. Get some rolls and roll them in honey and sprinkle with oats then bake them for like 5 minutes?

Disclaimer: May be gross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    You can buy 'submarine' rolls in supermarkets, last time I saw them was in M&S but I'm not really looking.

'submarine' 'sub'
    gettit?
    I just had those for lunch, they were nice.

ReputationRep:
    The tiger bread is ASDA is really nice,
    I've tried making my own subways at home but failed miserably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)

'submarine' 'sub'
    gettit?
    I used Sainsbury's submarine rolls already but they were more like Subway plain old italian bread :no:

I'll try M&S though, do their sub rolls have the crunchy grain things on top like hearty italian?

ReputationRep:
    waitrose.. there's bound to be something in there :p: although it could be pretty expensive :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hmm - foccacia with some italian herbs baked into it???

ReputationRep:
    here's the ingredient list for the breads at subway - knock yourself out.

http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNut...gredients.aspx

ReputationRep:
    I was going to suggest the M&S ones too. Yeah they do have stuff on the top. Goooorgeous and squidgy.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh with all this messing about it probably doesn't work out that much cheaper to make it at home! Seeing as Subway student meals are £2.50!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weet_ABI_x)
    Tbh with all this messing about it probably doesn't work out that much cheaper to make it at home! Seeing as Subway student meals are £2.50!
    I can make two Veggie Delites for that price, and still have enough left over to buy a bag of 5 Smarties cookies in Tesco!

ReputationRep:
    student meals are £2.50!
    Since when?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    Since when?! :eek:
    If you're in London it might not be the case there but I work in a Subway in the south east and student meals are in fact £2.50!

ReputationRep:
    If you're in London it might not be the case there but I work in a Subway in the south east and student meals are in fact £2.50!
    :woo:
    Jesus, I'm showing my student card next time I go

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.