The Student Room Group

GSCE and A-levels

I am currently in year 10 and I want to go into dentistry but I am doing combined science foundation meaning the highest I can get it a 5 and will only get two GCSE.

Can I still Choose to do chemistry and biology as an a level and still opt to do dentistry?
It depends on the sixth form/college you want to go to entry requirements for a level biology and chemistry. You will not likely be able to do those a levels unless you go on the higher course for combined science. I suggest you asking them if you can do the combined science higher and if that doesn’t work out, tell them how you want to go to dentistry and you want to get in a level biology and chemistry. If they still don’t let you, ask them if you could move up on the higher course if you do well in the foundation so they know you have the potential to get good grades. Btw doing combined science doesn’t limit you from doing a level sciences because I do a level physics and I did combined science: synergy.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Different sixth forms have different entry requirements but I'd think your chances of:

Being accepted onto an A level course

Completing the A levels

Getting a grade anywhere near good enough for dentistry

are very small unless you do well enough t persuade your school to move you to Higher Tier and then get at least a 7-7. Work really hard, when you have some evidence of doing well, pressure your school to let you chance into a Higher Tier set. Continue working really hard.

Quick Reply

Latest