anxiety, nausea, rapid heartbeat

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi im 21 year old it come and go if i wake up i stand up with rapid heartbeat, left arm num.. need advice
RiaAlevels:(
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi im 21 year old it come and go if i wake up i stand up with rapid heartbeat, left arm num.. need advice
Please go to the doctor these are signs of heart failure
username1119229
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RiaAlevels:()
These are not signs of heart failure so don’t post this sort of information when I suspect you aren’t a cardiologist.

Whilst - go and see your Doctor - is good advice; don’t be too alarmed - there are normally benign reasons why this happens.

Whilst it could be something that needs further checking on the future - asking on a student forum won’t give you the answers I’m afraid.
Anna.Atan
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is Blood Pressure Normal?
Breathing Problem?

Something to worry about (a problem at home, friends, parents ..) It may be a panic attack.
More information is needed and you need to find a doctor.
RiaAlevels:(
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 0902)
These are not signs of heart failure so don’t post this sort of information when I suspect you aren’t a cardiologist.

Whilst - go and see your Doctor - is good advice; don’t be too alarmed - there are normally benign reasons why this happens.

Whilst it could be something that needs further checking on the future - asking on a student forum won’t give you the answers I’m afraid.
....it's not normal not a cardiologist just have common knowledge, panic attack or heart problems they should be going to the doctor
username1119229
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
....it's not normal not a cardiologist just have common knowledge, panic attack or heart problems they should be going to the doctor
I wholeheartedly agree, but why mention ‘Heart Failure’ - it sounds much more like a panic attack.

None of us are experts but please don’t blurt out stuff like that. Normally these things are sign of benign or very common and ‘nothing to worry about’ causes.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Anxiety can cause a rapid heart rate, this probably has nothing to do with heart failure. Catastrophising will only make anxiety worse. May be worth seeing a doctor to discuss whether CBT or medication would help you reduce your symptoms
joeawright2679
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Coming from a long time anxiety sufferer as well as many other disorders that can at times have the physical effects of a heart attack so intense I lose the use of my entire side. It has the worst numbness in all my fingers and toes on that whole side as my heart rate gets totally over active and my breath gets short but rapid as well as giving me some severe mental flashes that can't be helped until the total anxiety attack finally passed over my thoughts. So I think that you really need to find a way to slow all your physical, mental , and even emotional rages at the same moment to get the desired gains from the exercise in the process of giving any help to change the outcome of events ongoing.
Last edited by joeawright2679; 1 year ago
joeawright2679
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Coming from a long time anxiety as well as many other disorders that can at times have the physical effects of a heart attack so intense I lose the use of my entire side. It has the worst numbness in all my fingers and toes on that whole side as my heart rate gets totally over active and my breath gets short but rapid as well as giving me some severe mental flashes that can't be helped until the total anxiety attack finally passed over my thoughts. So I think that you really need to find a way to slow all your physical, mental , and even emotional rages at the same moment to get the desired gains from the exercise in the process of giving any help to change the outcome of events ongoing.
zombie2233
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 0902)

Even though it’s unlikely OP has heart failure, these are the signs of heart failure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads