• View Poll Results: How do you feel about the marking
    Over marked - Got better then you thought
    17.39%
    Under marked - Did worse then you thought
    60.87%
    Neutral - It was bang on
    39.13%

ReputationRep:
    Did you feel you were under-marked or over-marked? Or did you think the marking was neutral meaning you were happy.

How is their marking ? Do they get people who are qualified? Or do they get any old geezer from the streets.

It totally depends on the subject and whether it is GCSE or GCE. Overall, I think they are quite accurate markers. There was one time the whole year was seriously undermarked and a remark had everyone going up by a grade.

ReputationRep:
    Every exam I've underperformed in has been OCR.

ReputationRep:
    I'll let you know next month when I get my PE grade.

ReputationRep:
    well i think thay are a bit crap. they pull out tricks in writing the exams, like things the teachers were told werent going to be featured turn up.

also in jan exams everyone was under marked wheras i would say for AS everyone was over marked.

ReputationRep:
    in my physics i had an A where i thought i would get a C or below
    in my chemistry i had a C where i thought i would get an A

both with ocr

ReputationRep:
    Irregular marking, I'd say.

Did you not hear about the OCR French marker? It was in the papers, he was seen on the tube, marking French AS and A2 papers, which include essays, and spending an average of less than a couple of minutes per paper. And he seemed very smug and full of himself, wanting everyone to know how important he was, flashing his big bag of exam scripts, as thought it were the equivalent of his career's ****.

I've had 2 or 3 experiences with really anal marking. I don't like OCR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatleysteg)
    Irregular marking, I'd say.

Did you not hear about the OCR French marker? It was in the papers, he was seen on the tube, marking French AS and A2 papers, which include essays, and spending an average of less than a couple of minutes per paper. And he seemed very smug and full of himself, wanting everyone to know how important he was, flashing his big bag of exam scripts, as thought it were the equivalent of his career's ****.
    :eek: :eek2: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    The thing i hate about them is there mark scheme is too high espically in gcse science.

AQA is my favorite exam board.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i hope maths gcse grade boundaries arent as high as people here think.

ReputationRep:
    To me in general exams are like a lottery , depends on your examiner and how they give out marks. Especially on humanities based subjects were one answer can be written in different ways.

ReputationRep:
    I hate oCR and after i get my results i'll hate them more

ReputationRep:
    OCR set difficult papers, from my experience, but the marking seems fair.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.