My fitness blog to success Watch

SilenceOfTheLamb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As I am banned from the gym for the day (Not literally banned, a joke from their staff saying I need to take a break, I could go in if I really wanted to.) I have decided to write up my own fitness blog. I'm mainly writing a blog for advice etc and pointers and to engage with other people that are into fitness as when working out I am only really there for me and I don't get a chance to talk to others besides the usual small talk.

My main goal for this year is to give the big F to alcohol, get my fitness back to what it was and so much better and to build muscle. For a while I have been unwell and prior to that I had to deal with spinal surgery and as a result was not able to lift, me being a competing boxer it was a tough one always fighting against guys with much bigger muscles, I never get the knock out despite landing very good and accurate punches due to the fact I hit like a feather so I am very excited to finally be able to build muscle and show everyone what I am all about but that will be next year when I go back to boxing. (This is a two year blog which I will smash

At the moment I am not fit enough to box, I am running two miles in 16 minutes so it's not awful but it isn't anywhere near good enough, running is a moderate work out, boxing is intense so I really need to up my game if I want to get back in that ring and be the best. My daily routine and general plan...

Running five days a week, five miles in total on each day, one two mile run and one three mile run, I time my two mile run but not my third, that's more of an endurance run for me. I am going to keep on doing this until I feel comfortable, my main objective for the next couple of months is to go back to being a five mile runner with no stopping.

Lifting wise I am starting off on 70 lbs, I worked my upper body, it was my first time doing this, I'm a complete virgin to lifting so this is where I need advice. I am going to be very very careful with lifting so I will probably start off with three days a week but once again I don't know what I am doing so advice would be really appreciated.

No alcohol what so ever, this is without a doubt the hardest goal of them all for me. I am an alcoholic and I know that if I don't stop drinking I won't ever be a successful boxer which is my dream and I am not getting any younger, I'm 23, I know that I am on my last chance to be a success and I am not going to let anything get in the way so I will do it.

Maybe, just maybe go back to swimming when my bones are aching too much from running but I hate swimming so much and it costs a bomb so I am not so sure I will stick to this one, which is why I am putting it in the maybe pile.

And I am to soon get back into shadow boxing and foot work drills once I've improved my stamina, to get myself ring ready, this is something I will do at home in my room, my aim is to be able to do at least 15 minutes of it without stopping.

So all in all I am looking at working out six days a week, on this day in two months time I WILL be a five mile runner again, I WILL have gained noticeable muscle I WILL be shadow boxing again and I WILL be all round healthier due to not drinking.

I just want to be happy and this is definitely the way forward to achieving happiness which is why I am so damn determined to not fail a single goal I set out to do. In the past with boxing and fitness in general I've not put in 110% because of my drinking but I am here to correct that and put in that 110% that I've failed to do prior to now so I don't have one doubt in my mind and can actually feel proud of myself knowing I've done everything possible to be the best version of myself. I'll be updating this on the regular with how much running I've been doing, how my lifting is going etc along with how staying off the booze is going for me. It's about time I bossed up and become this undefeated goal achiever I always fantasise about being, one thing I've learnt is that it's very easy to talk about doing something but you know what, bring it on, I know I have what it takes.

[img=0x0]https://pingclock.net/metric/?mid=&wid=52599&sid=&tid=8667&ri d=OPTOUT_RESPONSE_OK&t=157821360 4518[/img]
Last edited by SilenceOfTheLamb; 1 month ago
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck . Have you got a programme in mind for lifting?
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What's your cardio like? , what your physique like?
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
[img=0x0]https://pingclock.net/metric/?mid=&wid=52599&sid=&tid=8667&ri d=LOADED&custom1=www.thestudentr oom.co.uk&custom2=%2Fshowthread. php&custom3=pingclock.net&t=1578 217745822[/img][img=0x0]https://pingclock.net/metric/?mid=&wid=52599&sid=&tid=8667&ri d=BEFORE_OPTOUT_REQ&t=1578217745 825[/img][img=0x0]https://pingclock.net/metric/?mid=&wid=52599&sid=&tid=8667&ri d=FINISHED&custom1=www.thestuden troom.co.uk&t=1578217745836[/img]

(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Thanks and not at all I am at the stage of trying different machines and hoping for the best lol, a complete virgin so I won't be too hard on myself if I am not where I plan to be strength wise in two months time but I do hope to have achieved at least something in that area by then.
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mixedraceguy)
What's your cardio like? , what your physique like?
My cardio is okay but for boxing? Nowhere near good enough so I'll be really smashing cardio work outs whenever I hit the gym, I've already started it and so far it's going well, I've not been soft at all, I'll only stop working out when I have nothing left in me and have really pushed myself. I'm not one to take a phone with me and sit on it for half of my work out session, when I'm there I'm there and there to train hard so my cardio is soon to be great.

I'm currently 6'2, 180 lbs, I'm hoping to fight at 175 when I return but I am unsure because I don't know what weight I will be at when I have muscle, it's looking more cruiser weight for me but I would prefer to fight at light heavy.
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
I have replied btw, just waiting for my comment to be approved I think it's due to a word I've used in it.
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SilenceOfTheLamb)
I have replied btw, just waiting for my comment to be approved I think it's due to a word I've used in it.
Really? What word could you have used lol. Send it again and remove the word?
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
Update 05/01/2020

So I've finished for the day earlier than expected well, not exactly finished as I still need to maintain my diet for the rest of today but I've got all of my planned workouts out of the way. I've ran five miles as planned, I however didn't manage to work on my upper body as planned but that's only because some idiot decided it was a good idea to lock the certain machine I wanted to use after using it them self, and as it's a Sunday I couldn't see any staff around to ask. I instead used the abs crunch machine for the first time and I did 100 on that at 80 lbs. I'm also going through to day five of no alcohol, so I am super happy about that, it's getting very tough though.

Tomorrows plans -

Run five miles, my arms are aching but not badly enough for me to chicken out, my legs do ache a bit but should be fine by the morning, they usually are as my legs are becoming quite tough.

I am putting the abs crunch machine into my usual plan now, so 100 more of them tomorrow at 80 lbs. I am also going to try and fit in 100 upper body lifting at 70 lbs, all depends on A. if I can manage doing both on top of a five mile run and B. if the machine is usable tomorrow, hopefully staff will have put it back into use mode by then or there's someone around I can ask with it being a Monday.

I am probably going to treat myself to a bag of crisps and a chocolate bar, this won't be a usual every day thing but I should treat myself every now and then, probably a once a week scenario. I will stick to smaller meals though throughout this two month period and cut down on things like using too much salt etc, no excuses.

I'll post updates for tomorrows plans when everything's achieved but as I am going to be working out six days a week I won't be posting every single day as I don't want to bore you all. After tomorrows update I'll post a few days later when I've made progress and can put on here what's been happening and what new plans I have thrown into my workout scheme but if any of you have any advice on lifting and body strength please comment, I'd really appreciate it as at the moment I am just trying different machines and taking things a bit easy in that area.

SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
Update 06/01/2020

Ran my five miles, beginning to feel good getting into a routine of running being a daily thing for me.

I used the abs crunch machine and once again did 100 on it at 80lbs.

I didn't manage to work my upper body as once again the machine wasn't working I think I am going to find another machine to use instead.

I did eat a small bit of chocolate at work as the celebrations box was opened but I didn't go over board, I also had a packet of crisps when I was at home... but meal wise I've kept it diety, not eating too much.

Day five of no alcohol completed.

Tomorrow -

My body in general is really aching so I am going to take it easy and do a two mile run just to keep a hand in but besides that I am going to have the day off.

I have no work tomorrow so I really need to make sure I don't start eating rubbish when I get bored.

I won't be posting for a good few days now so I hope to be able to be posting about achieving once I am back.
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
09/01/2020

I am still off the alcohol, it's been eight days now, this won't seem like a long time for people that don't have an addictive personality but for me I see it as an achievement, I am aware that I have a LONG way to go but as each day passes by I am understanding more and more that a bottle isn't where I will find happiness. Fitness in general is really lifting my spirits, especially as I have achieved so much in this year already.

Speaking of achievements my cardio is coming along amazingly, I have already progressed onto much tougher runs where I run my five miles but mix it in with running up and down hills, it's exhausting but if I want that superb fitness I need to be going out there and be unique, be different to other runners as I am aiming high.

I think with one more go on the abs machine I am already ready to lift at a higher weight, it's becoming less of a challenge for me already. I am needing some advice on rowing machines, I've never used one before, is it a full body workout? Because if so then that's for me, I have such a short time to get myself ring ready.

My diet, well, although I haven't gone over board and taken over the entire crisp and chocolate industry I have been having a few sneaky snacks but it's not the end of the world as I do burn it off. I intend to still have days where I cut down on meals etc so that I am losing weight, to get myself to 175lbs.

My new gym has a combat area so today I am ordering myself a pair of baby pink gloves from Amazon, I intend for pink to be my signature colour when I return to boxing, the combat area usually looks empty so I can't wait to take over it, an entire boxing ring to myself, how lovely. Although it would be nice if other boxers or fitness nuts used it also, maybe have a friendly spar or do bag work with them.

Although I have began January killing it at times I feel down just thinking about how much I have to do in order to be the best but I can't expect it to all happen within a couple of months, I knew this when I began. I've just got to keep on smashing it as good things happen to people that put in 110%, hard work definitely pays off.

Today's goals - I've already gone for my morning run, mixed with my hill routine so I need to run 2.5 miles at the gym later.

My last go on the abs machine at 80 lbs, as of tomorrow I will be lifting at 90 lbs.

Try out the rowing machine, nothing too straining, just a play about to see how it works etc. If all goes well, will be in my usual plan.

Stay off the alcohol!
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
12/01/2020

Running five miles a day is becoming natural to me now, my legs are so strong I've not had a single day off this year as of yet, when I previously worked out I would always have to have a couple of days off every now and then to rest them but it just doesn't seem to be a need of mine anymore, I've also noticed my arms or nothing ache so perhaps I need to up my lifting a bit more. I have improved my fitness to be able to run half a mile longer than I could at the start of the year, I am also running quite a bit faster, but these quick results is what I expect considering I am training every day. I also do tough runs where I run up and down a hill continuously whenever I see one out on my runs.

My boxing gloves should arrive between the 13th and the 16th so once they arrive I'll begin bag work.

I was going to start a strict and healthy diet in two months time, but as I am not getting any younger I've realised I need to take on a lot of things at once if I really want to be something, so as of today that diets in place. I am going to start today with drinking protein shake meal replacements until I do my shopping for healthy food.

Today so far I have really been craving a drink but I know I have to continue fighting it. 11 days sober and counting

Todays plans -

Run five miles.

Lifting at the gym, my usual routine, I know what I've got to do.

Be strong enough to resist fatty foods.

No alcohol.

Tomorrows plans -

Hopefully I will be able to update you all with a picture of my new boxing gloves, I really hope they arrive tomorrow as I need new challenges, also looking forward to showing the casuals how you work a heavy bag haha.
Jpfitness
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SilenceOfTheLamb)
12/01/2020

Running five miles a day is becoming natural to me now, my legs are so strong I've not had a single day off this year as of yet, when I previously worked out I would always have to have a couple of days off every now and then to rest them but it just doesn't seem to be a need of mine anymore, I've also noticed my arms or nothing ache so perhaps I need to up my lifting a bit more. I have improved my fitness to be able to run half a mile longer than I could at the start of the year, I am also running quite a bit faster, but these quick results is what I expect considering I am training every day. I also do tough runs where I run up and down a hill continuously whenever I see one out on my runs.

My boxing gloves should arrive between the 13th and the 16th so once they arrive I'll begin bag work.

I was going to start a strict and healthy diet in two months time, but as I am not getting any younger I've realised I need to take on a lot of things at once if I really want to be something, so as of today that diets in place. I am going to start today with drinking protein shake meal replacements until I do my shopping for healthy food.

Today so far I have really been craving a drink but I know I have to continue fighting it. 11 days sober and counting

Todays plans -

Run five miles.

Lifting at the gym, my usual routine, I know what I've got to do.

Be strong enough to resist fatty foods.

No alcohol.

Tomorrows plans -

Hopefully I will be able to update you all with a picture of my new boxing gloves, I really hope they arrive tomorrow as I need new challenges, also looking forward to showing the casuals how you work a heavy bag haha.
Sounds like a good plan, good luck with it, I'd love to get back into boxing. Going to hit the bag when I get back to the gym then maybe join a boxing club.
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
[img=0x0]https://billyjons.net/metric/?mid=&wid=52599&sid=&tid=8667&ri d=OPTOUT_RESPONSE_OK&t=157951384 8170[/img]

(Original post by Jpfitness)
Sounds like a good plan, good luck with it, I'd love to get back into boxing. Going to hit the bag when I get back to the gym then maybe join a boxing club.
You should do it with a friend or join a boxercize class because hitting a bag on your own can be very boring and with me I hardly ever end up putting in much effort at all when on my own.
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
20/01/2020

I've signed up to run half a marathon, well just under half a marathon at 10 miles, all the 13 mile ones are all booked up or are too far for me to travel ): so for now I am working on getting a medal for 10 miles.

I have given myself a goal of doing it in an hour and a half, with no stops but this morning I ran for a record run of mine at 7 miles, 11.31km to be exact in an hour and one minute so I am almost there, thinking about giving myself a tougher challenge on the day, especially as this race is in July I am way ahead of my training schedule.

I have lost an interest in lifting, it's so, so boring! but I know I need to get back to it. I'll find the mental strength for that I hope...

My diets been a bit of a flop but today I am back on it.

Going to rest for the rest of the day as my thighs are cut.
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
23/01/2020

I can now call myself a ten mile runner, this morning I completed it in a time of 1 hour and 28 minutes which is great as I can now work on getting a better time for my race in May, yes I am deciding to race in May and in July as I am obviously ready for May, I'm well above my progress plans.

I am really looking forward to getting back into boxing as I have never been this fit before in my life so I am excited to see what I am capable of doing next year. In fact I am planning to see if I can get a fight in December to end this year off with even more medals and trophies.

I am going to take each day as it comes and run as much as I can.
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
27/01/2020

I am about to go crazy with plans, make this a successful year of winning trophies and medals

I am entering a total of six races this year, in May, July, August, September, October and November. They will consist of four ten mile runs and two half marathons and in December I hope to box.

Lets see if I can collect all six medals and a trophy for my boxing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%
No- I want it (120)
26.73%
No- I don't want it (33)
7.35%

Watched Threads