Turn on thread page Beta

Your Course: What Are You Most Looking Forward To? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cascadingstylez)
    My friend is going to Aston. A few people said Aston is poor for Computer Science, but what can I say ... I'm going to Wolverhampton. I did get an offer from Aston but turned it down for a few reasons.

My mate is also doing Computer Science so you most likely meet him.

Good luck
    Hmm yee i know, the department isn't the best in the world. The way i see it is that if your willing to put the work in and have as many sources for help then it really doesn't matter which university you go to. However, I did choose Aston for the location, and most of all the Industrial links it has which will definitely prove to be beneficial on my placement year. Oh right cool, yee i might see him around.

The times rank Aston 41th for CS in the country, and Wolverhampton 98th. So when people say CS department at Aston is "poor".. ok it might be, but only compared to its other departments, not compared to other universities. Im not trying to knock any uni off because theres probably hundreds of people on here going to a much better one than ourselves but like i say, its wherever you feel most comfortable and think you will do your best in that counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cascadingstylez)
    That sounds like my cup of tea mate. Your doing game development? I'm doing Software Engineering. Whilst its not the same, certain areas are similar.

You have Computer Science the first year right?
    Im doing Software Engineering but im going to select game development as an elective module. Just finished the first year will be starting the 2nd in september.

ReputationRep:
    spending part of my second year in italy and going to the middle east

ReputationRep:
    My second year seems a little more interesting b/c a lot of the fundamentals of geology are ridiculously simple. I guess it would have to be Time, Fossils & The Stratigraphic Record, or Geological Maps and Structures.

ReputationRep:
    Cadaver dissection!

ReputationRep:
    I see a mod has stolen our thread from the Kent forum and put it into General Uni.. Oh well, I'll post again.

I'm particularly looking forward to Biological Psychology; I'm really interested in EEGs, MRI and fMRI.. I also can't wait for the Clinical modules

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to learning clinical skills. Taking blood for the first time from some unfortunate person will be an experience!

ReputationRep:
    Learning Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    I cant wait to generally become 'a uni student'.

ReputationRep:
    Making friends.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't a clue what I'll be doing exactly 0.o As far as I know it's just blocks of projects...

I guess it'll be good to be challenged, be in a proper art environment, hopefully with likeminded people who are at least a teeny bit serious about art. ND Art and Design was a bit disappointing, so I hope I'm going to be in a course where people really want to be studying and practicing Fine Art.

ReputationRep:
    I get to go on an ecolgy field trip in the first term (or sometime in the first year).

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.