Turn on thread page Beta

7 reasons the world will end in 2012 watch

• View Poll Results: Will the world end in 2012?
    Yes
    14.70%
    No
    85.30%

ReputationRep:
    i bet your entire lifes possessions that the world will keep rocking on in 2013
    deal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukazi-TazZy)
    Do you know why people believe such crap, like religion and end of the world theories? Because people are gullible.
    Reread my post. I refer to the scientific arguments of the end. It's well established that there is an end to humanity (not the world) and theres no need to predict a date because most likely it will happen gradually as did the big bang and formation of matter did.

Why do people believe in things like the 'big bang' and not 'the big end'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gyrase)
    Do you know why people like to deny the end of the world and ridicule scientists? Because people are ignorant.
    That is possibly the most ironic sentence I have read on here.

ReputationRep:
    Reread my post. I refer to the scientific arguments of the end. It's well established that there is an end to humanity (not the world) and theres no need to predict a date because most likely it will happen gradually as did the big bang and formation of matter did.

Why do people believe in things like the 'big bang' and not 'the big end'?
    - have you never heard of the big crunch? (not the credity one...)

- Since when was the big bang a gradual process?!? why do you think its called the big bang not the slow river?

ReputationRep:
    heh just looked at the poll results.
    i like the number of people who think it will end.
    nice coincidence that made me happy for about 12 seconds

ReputationRep:
    The day after tomorrow would have been so much cooler if this were the plot by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Scientists have no friends.

Really though, how many times have we been told the world will end on this date, that date? I've lost count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchie_rox)
    of course the world will end in 2012, anything to get our government out of paying for the olympics.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Do you know why people like to deny the end of the world and ridicule scientists? Because people are ignorant.
    No its because we have all heard this "end of the world" malarky a gazillion times. And were still here.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, don't they say these things every year?

I still remember the millenium malarcky. Oh, and the 06/06/06 theories. :\

ReputationRep:
    do you have any suggestions on how we can prevent the "evidently inevitable"

ReputationRep:
    Op., please read Revelations prior to claiming no.4. Seriously there is no indication of that. Firstly there would be rapture then 1000years then the battle thus the bible does not state the world will end in 2012 and no Christian would claim such pathetic nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    It will end because ill have a tank by then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberrysunshine)
    hahaha umm....only 3 years left, what shall i do?
    Go on a nice holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)

- Since when was the big bang a gradual process?!? why do you think its called the big bang not the slow river?
    Remember it wasnt the big bang that shaped the universe, it was the moments after the big bang that were more imperative. Big bang is a theory remember, it hasnt been proved so you cant assume everything just popped out nicely.

Re; big crunch, that is also a theory. All is speculation. Also remember Im talking about the end to humanity which is more important than the end to the universe/galaxies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)

lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candescence)
    Wait, so which one kills us all first?
    All of them at once

:top:

ReputationRep:
    What 'scientific experts' are these? Provide citations if you want to be taken seriously. So much of what you posted there is total ********. Stuff like this is what people use to avoid confronting real issues.

ReputationRep:
    and I thought I was the only one looking for excuses not to watch the olympics...

ReputationRep:
    I guess it has to end at some point. I'd prefer it not to be in my or my immediate family's lifetimes, but hey, i guess it's an impressive way to go. We all die in the end...as much as it creeps me out and scares me half to death!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.