The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Quady
- have you never heard of the big crunch? (not the credity one...)

Saboo: 'How dare you speak to me of The Crunch! You know nothing of The Crunch. You've never even been to The Crunch!'

Sorry couldnt resist.
:smile:

How on earth do these people come up with stuff like 'teh world endz in 2012 cuz teh Bible sez so!'?? Where does the Bible say that?! I love it, conspiracy theories rule.

This current race of humans are no where near priviledged enough to experience Judgement Day!
pinkpenguin
Saboo: How dare you speak to me of The Crunch! You know nothing of The Crunch. You've never even been to The Crunch.

Sorry couldnt resist.

Sure, anyone can get in a little car and drive around the crunch, but you've never really been!
Reply 62
In response to the movie ideas, we just need all the events happening at the same time and Will Smith saying "Aww hell no!," and we have the movie of the century :biggrin:
I cannot believe 15% of supposed future academics voted yes.
This topic was good :biggrin: Gave me a few laughs. ^^

But sigh at the people worrying about the apocalypse... If it is meant to come, then it will, if its not meant to come, then it won't. What's the use worrying? its not like we'll move our entire civilisation into outer space or w/e so no point fretting about its.

WE DIDN'T LISTEN!
Reply 66
Mastermind`
Oh well, at least they don't wear skinny jeans :rolleyes:

hahahaaa!

I don't believe in it.
shut up! SHUT UP! all of you! :s-smilie:

im gonna cry soon :frown:
And right after your quote...

Some string theorists have suggested that the multiple dimensions postulated by string theory might make the effective strength of gravity many orders of magnitude stronger at small distances (very high energies). This might effectively lower the Planck energy, and perhaps make black-hole-like descriptions valuable at even lower masses such as those which are reachable at the LHC. This higher-dimensional component to gravity is, however, purely theoretical as of 2008.
It's relying on theory for it to work, just as much as your statement relies on the hawking radiation theory.

Neither way's definite yet. They're just certain enough of hawking radiation's existance to go ahead with it.
I did genuinely have fears about the Hadron collider, they have now been dispelled.

I was considering booking a ticket on a plane to go see my girlfriend on launch day and spend my last moments with her. Go me. :rolleyes:
oh my gosh its all true i tell you
run for your lifes!!!!!!

well we had to have one worrier on the thread :P
Oh, and the Mayan's never predicted the world would end in 2012.

They were just lazy and couldn't be arsed writing their calendars beyond that point.

Don't blame them really, they're gone, would have been a waste of time.
Reply 72
If the world ends i'll eat a bumblebee
Reply 73
who ACTUALLY thinks its going to end and why?
its not gonna end says me...you can quote this when the time comes
Reply 75
Mastermind`
Oh well, at least they don't wear skinny jeans :rolleyes:

The world will end one day. And that day is getting sooner. :yep:

I love you

OP= creationist?!
Reply 76
Mastermind`
The world will end one day. And that day is getting sooner. :yep:

:biggrin:
Reply 77